Can The West afford détente?

Sertorio

Re: Can The West afford détente?

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:20 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:20 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:13 am
China will be around very much as it is and has always been long after your bones have been turned to dust for centuries...You keep wanting the world to be as you wish it to be, regardless of what is real and viable. You cannot face reality and that's why you keep making war to try and fit the round pole in the square peg...In the future the Anglo era will be remembered as the most calamitous of the human history...Let's hope we will survive it without further destruction...
If you had any problem at all with making war, calamity, and destruction, you'd oppose Putin's the invasion of Ukraine.

But you don't, so you don't.
Putin is only about number ten on my list...Before I start opposing him I would have to deal with the US, the UK, Germany, France, Japan...etc.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:20 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
China will be around very much as it is and has always been long after your bones have been turned to dust for centuries...You keep wanting the world to be as you wish it to be, regardless of what is real and viable. You cannot face reality and that's why you keep making war to try and fit the round pole in the square peg...In the future the Anglo era will be remembered as the most calamitous of the human history...Let's hope we will survive it without further destruction...
If you had any problem at all with making war, calamity, and destruction, you'd oppose Putin's the invasion of Ukraine.

Putin is only about number ten on my list...Before I start opposing him I would have to deal with the US, the UK, Germany, France, Japan...etc.
After calling him a "statesman", no one would believe he's anywhere on a list of people you'd oppose.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:08 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

After calling him a "statesman", no one would believe he's anywhere on a list of people you'd oppose.
Statesman is "a person who is experienced in the art of government or versed in the administration of government affairs".
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/statesman

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:17 pm

Sertorio wrote:

Yes, we all know that you are against the democracies.

By now Sertorio you should have worked out for yourself (without someone like me needing to tell you) that I consider any person who prefers despotic government ahead of democracy to be an unmitigated fool.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:33 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:17 pm
Sertorio wrote:

Yes, we all know that you are against the democracies.

By now Sertorio you should have worked out for yourself (without someone like me needing to tell you) that I consider any person who prefers despotic government ahead of democracy to be an unmitigated fool.
I don't prefer Putin over Biden, Bojo, Scholz or Macron because he is an authoritarian ruler. I prefer him because he is mostly right and the others are mostly wrong; because Putin is basically honest and the others are basically corrupt.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:12 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:08 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

Statesman is "a person who is experienced in the art of government or versed in the administration of government affairs".
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/statesman
Clearly you're not aware of the word's positive connotation in English. The only alterative is that you are aware of it and are just being purposefully disingenuous, and surely that can't be true. :roll:
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac