Demographics push China-India-Russia triple entente

neverfail

Demographics push China-India-Russia triple entente

Post by neverfail » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:01 pm

China at some point may dump its Pakistan investment and emphasize India ties, upending strategic calculations

https://asiatimes.com/2022/04/demograph ... e-entente/
Dump Pakistan? I can think of few countries more worthy of being dumped than Pakistan. During the two decade long US presence in neighbouring Afghanistan different wings of government in Pakistan worked for and against the US. While the official Pakistan position was supportive (Pakistan hosted the supply lines that sustained the US war effort against the Taliban there) Pakistan military intelligence, a state within a state which nurtured the Taliban in the first place, provided Osama Bin Laden with a covert sanctuary and hideout.

Now with an apparently unsustainable debt to China, Beijing has apparently become pissed off with the Pakistani practice of playing both ends against the Middle and is considering "taking its business elsewhere"; namely to Pakistan's arch rival India.

Dump Pakistan? Why not? Arguably Pakistan is a dump. :)
.....................................................................................................................................

Yet Goldie's essay seems focused much more of the wider issue of the three grouping together against the menace of the growth of Muslim Asia's mainly illiterate demographics. My one disappointment is that Goldie seems to have ignored the elephant in the room: the existence of INDONESIA - demographically at present the World's biggest Muslim majority nation.

Milo

Re: Demographics push China-India-Russia triple entente

Post by Milo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:18 am

I don’t know what to say about Indonesia right now but why anyone bothers with Pakistan is a mystery to me!

Bangladesh does not score much better.

neverfail

Re: Demographics push China-India-Russia triple entente

Post by neverfail » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:38 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:18 am
I don’t know what to say about Indonesia right now but why anyone bothers with Pakistan is a mystery to me!

Bangladesh does not score much better.
No, and Sri Lanka is on the ropes also. In south Asia India seems to be the only one that is doing much good.