US-China decoupling: America be warned!

neverfail

Re: US-China decoupling: America be warned!

Post by neverfail » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:55 pm
Fake news on Trump, China belies White House caution
Politically that’s a win-win situation for the US president. By a 54-46 margins, Americans told the Harris Poll in early April that “China should be required to pay for the spread of the virus, while 72% said they thought China’s reporting of the impact of the epidemic was inaccurate. A Pew Survey found that 30% of Americans believe the virus was invented in laboratory. By leaving the door open to a popular conspiracy theory, Trump keeps his base motivated, although he insists that China acted in error. As the president said, “A mistake is a mistake.” It’s Virology Apprentice, expertly calibrated to serve diplomatic as well as campaign goals.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/fake-news ... e-caution/
Meantime, the COVID-19 epidemic rages on in the United States taking its toll of deaths on America's most vulnerable as Trump continues his finger pointing exercise to divert attention away from the fact that the current US administration did absolutely nothing to prepare the country to cope with the epidemic (unlike several more savvy governments abroad).

Even in recent weeks Trump has been busy attempting to sabotage the best efforts of several state governments to contain the virus for what seems quite selfish political point scoring reasons being totally unrepentent over his past sins of neglegance.

What infuriates me is that tens of millions of his supporters in the United States still refuse to open their eyes to how they have been hoodwinked by a hoaxter.
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Re. China, it seems our POTUS reveals his power level....'>.....:
In short, Trump has few good options to make China pay, even if he were determined to do so. By attesting to China’s good faith while keeping discussion of a harsher response hypothetical, the US president has found a happy medium.
The US president has arrived at a position of contradiction and duplicity.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:43 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Fake news on Trump, China belies White House caution
Politically that’s a win-win situation for the US president. By a 54-46 margins, Americans told the Harris Poll in early April that “China should be required to pay for the spread of the virus, while 72% said they thought China’s reporting of the impact of the epidemic was inaccurate. A Pew Survey found that 30% of Americans believe the virus was invented in laboratory. By leaving the door open to a popular conspiracy theory, Trump keeps his base motivated, although he insists that China acted in error. As the president said, “A mistake is a mistake.” It’s Virology Apprentice, expertly calibrated to serve diplomatic as well as campaign goals.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/fake-news ... e-caution/
Meantime, the COVID-19 epidemic rages on in the United States taking its toll of deaths on America's most vulnerable as Trump continues his finger pointing exercise to divert attention away from the fact that the current US administration did absolutely nothing to prepare the country to cope with the epidemic (unlike several more savvy governments abroad).

Even in recent weeks Trump has been busy attempting to sabotage the best efforts of several state governments to contain the virus for what seems quite selfish political point scoring reasons being totally unrepentent over his past sins of neglegance.

What infuriates me is that tens of millions of his supporters in the United States still refuse to open their eyes to how they have been hoodwinked by a hoaxter.
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Re. China, it seems our POTUS reveals his power level....'>.....:
In short, Trump has few good options to make China pay, even if he were determined to do so. By attesting to China’s good faith while keeping discussion of a harsher response hypothetical, the US president has found a happy medium.

Orange Man Bad!!!

Sorry, n'fail, but your unsubstantiated rant hardly stands as a counter to the reasoned contents of the link cited by Izz (which I doubt you read).

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:03 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:56 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:45 am
A couple of decouplers that have a Deep Code insight into China and....... decoupling. Daniel Schmachtenberger and Jordan (Green) Hall:

I for one, anticipate a new Axial Age........

Yakety yakety yak-ah-tah.
Sorry Izz but this spiel lost me after just one minute.
My maternal grandfather worked at the Morgan Park U.S. Steel Plant in West Duluth during WWII. His job was to put on an asbestos suit and patch the coke ovens from the inside with refractory cement. Walk from one end to the other, slap a wet glob of refractory on the leaky place and do not fall. If that happened, there was a rake to pull your ashes out. Couldn't shut the furnaces down, couldn't stop the production. There was no Plan B......

The way our economic, social and productive supply lines are set up, there is no Plan B. If you stop the procession at any point, the milk has to be dumped out, the hogs slaughtered. Not enough respirators, not enough beds. The economic and administrative OP works like the rotation of the earth, should a day end - the world does too.......

Plan B is an attempt to build resilience, redundancy and flexibility into a world too enmeshed in efficiency and quantity of scale, brought on by unreasoned globalism, hierarchism, and obsessive control through technology and information systems - that's Plan A. Plan A is too unstable, too fragile and too maladaptive........

Let's try that one....'>.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:43 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Orange Man Bad!!!

Sorry, n'fail, but your unsubstantiated rant hardly stands as a counter to the reasoned contents of the link cited by Izz (which I doubt you read).
Oh yes I did! I was the honcho who inagurated this discussion after all.

To give trump the benefit of the doubt I hereby withdraw the word 'duplicity' while still contending that the position is contradictory (and bound to fail as policy for that reason).

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed May 13, 2020 6:56 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:03 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:56 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:45 am
A couple of decouplers that have a Deep Code insight into China and....... decoupling. Daniel Schmachtenberger and Jordan (Green) Hall:

I for one, anticipate a new Axial Age........

Yakety yakety yak-ah-tah.
Sorry Izz but this spiel lost me after just one minute.
My maternal grandfather worked at the Morgan Park U.S. Steel Plant in West Duluth during WWII. His job was to put on an asbestos suit and patch the coke ovens from the inside with refractory cement. Walk from one end to the other, slap a wet glob of refractory on the leaky place and do not fall. If that happened, there was a rake to pull your ashes out. Couldn't shut the furnaces down, couldn't stop the production. There was no Plan B......

The way our economic, social and productive supply lines are set up, there is no Plan B. If you stop the procession at any point, the milk has to be dumped out, the hogs slaughtered. Not enough respirators, not enough beds. The economic and administrative OP works like the rotation of the earth, should a day end - the world does too.......

Plan B is an attempt to build resilience, redundancy and flexibility into a world too enmeshed in efficiency and quantity of scale, brought on by unreasoned globalism, hierarchism, and obsessive control through technology and information systems - that's Plan A. Plan A is too unstable, too fragile and too maladaptive........

Let's try that one....'>.......
The real problem is too much money demanding too much ROI while chasing too few investment opportunities.

First you have real asset free investing

Of course it doesn't matter unless you are good at cheating(BTW this is the reason Starlink is being built)

Then you have "the assets are the consumers" investing

What Mitt Romney called "the wonderful future"
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon May 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Still waiting for David P. Goldman's new book, You Will Be Assimilated: China’s Plan to Sino-Form the World. Mentioned in an April 3rd asiatimes.com column and touted today by Sebastian Gorka, but I see no other presser on this yet.....<<.....>>......'>........
In my forthcoming book You Will Be Assimilated: China’s Plan to Sino-Form the World, I report on China’s ambition to become the world’s preeminent force in digital healthcare, perhaps the single biggest economic trend of the 21st century. Given the urgency of the present situation I preview some of the book’s content below.
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:28 pm
Still waiting for David P. Goldman's new book, You Will Be Assimilated: China’s Plan to Sino-Form the World. Mentioned in an April 3rd asiatimes.com column and touted today by Sebastian Gorka, but I see no other presser on this yet.....<<.....>>......'>........
In my forthcoming book You Will Be Assimilated: China’s Plan to Sino-Form the World, I report on China’s ambition to become the world’s preeminent force in digital healthcare, perhaps the single biggest economic trend of the 21st century. Given the urgency of the present situation I preview some of the book’s content below.
Better hurry. I have a feeling that the CCP is going to collapse sometime around its party congress next month.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue May 19, 2020 5:02 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Better hurry. I have a feeling that the CCP is going to collapse sometime around its party congress next month.
Here's hoping. I will not bet on it though.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Here's hoping. I will not bet on it though.
The Biggest obstacle would seem to be the leadership of the PLA. Their economic interests align with continued CCP rule. I wonder how the lower ranks think and feel about that.