Washington is wrong about China’s economy

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Washington is wrong about China’s economy

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:22 pm

".....A virtual crowd has gathered beneath the ledge where President Trump now sits, making book on whether he will back away or come crashing down on the pavement below........"
https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/06/artic ... the-ledge/
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:38 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:22 pm
".....A virtual crowd has gathered beneath the ledge where President Trump now sits, making book on whether he will back away or come crashing down on the pavement below........"
Hi Izzy. I do not know about you but I have absolutely no confidence in this clown as a macro-economic manager - as I by now must have made clear in umpteen successive posts. Though Davy Goldman is more restrained in how he expresses himself it would seem that neither does he.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm

He's getting into creative writing, give him a break....;).........
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:51 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:22 pm
Every broker and investor in the world is shaking with their strategy on one question: Will Donald Trump ease back from the ledge?
There I fixed it. Being more main street centric and all.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:46 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm
He's getting into creative writing, give him a break....;).........
Creative writing for a purpose Izzy. The entertainment side is to facilitate transmission of the message.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Not to say what is going on, necessarily, but I find it pretty amazing that American Republicans seem so eager to embrace nutty conspiracy theories, yet seem to ignore that an obvious target is for foreign interests to pay off the financial press.

Despite all the journalists out there predicting economic collapse because of trade disputes the economies of the world's democracies seem to be doing very well, yet the dictatorships are all floundering. Yet the financial press continues to predict collapse, here, Goldman bases it on what the CIA thinks, in previous pieces he has accused them of trying to overthrow Trump!

Which is it?

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:53 pm
Not to say what is going on, necessarily, but I find it pretty amazing that American Republicans seem so eager to embrace nutty conspiracy theories, yet seem to ignore that an obvious target is for foreign interests to pay off the financial press.

Despite all the journalists out there predicting economic collapse because of trade disputes the economies of the world's democracies seem to be doing very well, yet the dictatorships are all floundering. Yet the financial press continues to predict collapse, here, Goldman bases it on what the CIA thinks, in previous pieces he has accused them of trying to overthrow Trump!

Which is it?
There has been decades of out right greed over trade policies. ON average for every $1000 of product made in China that sells in the US only $100 stays in China. The rest is mostly profit for the sellers. This is the main cause of income inequality in the US and many other countries.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:17 pm

The truth about western elites and China: