Pepe Escobar, No-VAX No-Go BAX.......

Forum for pundits of interest to Davosman members. Please make one thread per pundit.
lzzrdgrrl

Pepe Escobar, No-VAX No-Go BAX.......

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:47 am

Kim No-VAX does DARPA
A Back to the Future exercise: time-traveling to survey the sci-tech scene in the mid-1980s
I have been going through my Asia Times archives selecting reports and columns for a new e-book on the Forever Wars – Afghanistan and Iraq. But then, out of the blue, I found this palimpsest, originally published by Asia Times in February 2014. It happened to be a Back to the Future exercise – traveling in time to survey the scene in the mid-1980s across Silicon Valley, MIT’s AI lab, DARPA and the NSA, weaving an intersection of themes, and a fabulous cast of characters, which prefigure the Brave New Techno World we’re now immersed in, especially concerning the role of artificial intelligence. So this might be read today as a sort of preamble, or a background companion piece, to No Escape from our Techno-Feudal World, published early this month. Incidentally, everything that takes place in this account was happening 18 years before the end of the Pentagon’s LifeLog project, run by DARPA, and the simultaneous launch of Facebook. Enjoy the time travel.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/12/kim-no-vax-does-darpa/
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........