The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Booklady
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Putin Offers Assylum to Comey

Comey gets good news from Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday offered to give political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey, poking at tensions between Comey and President Trump. “If Comey will be under the threat of political persecution, we are ready to accept him here,” Putin said at a press conference, according to Russian state media outlet TASS.
 
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm
Putin Offers Assylum to Comey

Comey gets good news from Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday offered to give political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey, poking at tensions between Comey and President Trump. “If Comey will be under the threat of political persecution, we are ready to accept him here,” Putin said at a press conference, according to Russian state media outlet TASS.
 
Putin is intelligent and funny, without being gross, something we are not very much used to in our western countries...

User avatar
Booklady
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 pm
Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm
Putin Offers Assylum to Comey

Comey gets good news from Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday offered to give political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey, poking at tensions between Comey and President Trump. “If Comey will be under the threat of political persecution, we are ready to accept him here,” Putin said at a press conference, according to Russian state media outlet TASS.
 
Putin is intelligent and funny, without being gross, something we are not very much used to in our western countries...
Do you know him personally, Sertorio? Or by reputation?
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by cassowary » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:20 am

Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 pm
Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm
Putin Offers Assylum to Comey

Comey gets good news from Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday offered to give political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey, poking at tensions between Comey and President Trump. “If Comey will be under the threat of political persecution, we are ready to accept him here,” Putin said at a press conference, according to Russian state media outlet TASS.
 
Putin is intelligent and funny, without being gross, something we are not very much used to in our western countries...
Do you know him personally, Sertorio? Or by reputation?
I always thought that Sertorio is working for Putin.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 am

Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 pm
Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm
Putin Offers Assylum to Comey

Comey gets good news from Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday offered to give political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey, poking at tensions between Comey and President Trump. “If Comey will be under the threat of political persecution, we are ready to accept him here,” Putin said at a press conference, according to Russian state media outlet TASS.
 
Putin is intelligent and funny, without being gross, something we are not very much used to in our western countries...
Do you know him personally, Sertorio? Or by reputation?
I watched part of his Q&A session on television and I think I am smart enough to recognize intelligence and wit... In fact, my admiration for Putin has increased another notch. He answered all questions in a serious manner, showing respect for the people who asked the questions. He was an intelligent adult answering intelligent questions from intelligent and adult people. No BS, no attempt at dismissing questions with idiotic attempts at humour. No wonder he enjoys a higher than 80% approval rating in Russia. Compared to him our western leaders are a disgrace...

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:52 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:20 am
Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 pm
Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm
Putin Offers Assylum to Comey

Comey gets good news from Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday offered to give political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey, poking at tensions between Comey and President Trump. “If Comey will be under the threat of political persecution, we are ready to accept him here,” Putin said at a press conference, according to Russian state media outlet TASS.
 
Putin is intelligent and funny, without being gross, something we are not very much used to in our western countries...
Do you know him personally, Sertorio? Or by reputation?
I always thought that Sertorio is working for Putin.
Which shows how feeble your intellect must be... It is comparable to my saying you work for the CIA...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:58 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:52 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:20 am
Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 pm
Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm
Putin Offers Assylum to Comey

Comey gets good news from Russia. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday offered to give political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey, poking at tensions between Comey and President Trump. “If Comey will be under the threat of political persecution, we are ready to accept him here,” Putin said at a press conference, according to Russian state media outlet TASS.
 
Putin is intelligent and funny, without being gross, something we are not very much used to in our western countries...
Do you know him personally, Sertorio? Or by reputation?
I always thought that Sertorio is working for Putin.
Which shows how feeble your intellect must be... It is comparable to my saying you work for the CIA...
Not really, since he doesn't relentlessly post things in keeping with the CIA line no matter how ridiculous they may be.

But I do agree that Putin is intelligent and witty. Gross, though, is a matter of opinion.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail
Posts: 839
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 am



I watched part of his Q&A session on television and I think I am smart enough to recognize intelligence and wit... In fact, my admiration for Putin has increased another notch. He answered all questions in a serious manner, showing respect for the people who asked the questions. He was an intelligent adult answering intelligent questions from intelligent and adult people. No BS, no attempt at dismissing questions with idiotic attempts at humour. No wonder he enjoys a higher than 80% approval rating in Russia. Compared to him our western leaders are a disgrace...
I must have seen the same on local television last night Sertorio. My reaction is exactly like yours. The person may be virtuous but my Lord, the regime he heads still sucks.

That's as seen by my jaundiced set of eyes. I suspect though that most Russians prefer a tough if ruthless political leader in whom they have confidence ahead of the stuff-ups and corruptions of our by now overripe Western democracy.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:40 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 am



I watched part of his Q&A session on television and I think I am smart enough to recognize intelligence and wit... In fact, my admiration for Putin has increased another notch. He answered all questions in a serious manner, showing respect for the people who asked the questions. He was an intelligent adult answering intelligent questions from intelligent and adult people. No BS, no attempt at dismissing questions with idiotic attempts at humour. No wonder he enjoys a higher than 80% approval rating in Russia. Compared to him our western leaders are a disgrace...
I must have seen the same on local television last night Sertorio. My reaction is exactly like yours. The person may be virtuous but my Lord, the regime he heads still sucks.

That's as seen by my jaundiced set of eyes. I suspect though that most Russians prefer a tough if ruthless political leader in whom they have confidence ahead of the stuff-ups and corruptions of our by now overripe Western democracy.
I lived for the first 32 years of my life under an authoritarian regime, which was less enlightened than Putin's rule, and I know that if not taken to repressive extremes such regimes are well accepted by most people. As long as there is peace and quite and enough jobs a multiparty system is not considered as worth fighting for. The idea that Russians are eager to get rid of Putin is a fantasy. Soon they will want to make him President for life...

neverfail
Posts: 839
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by neverfail » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:39 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 pm


I lived for the first 32 years of my life under an authoritarian regime, which was less enlightened than Putin's rule, and I know that if not taken to repressive extremes such regimes are well accepted by most people. As long as there is peace and quite and enough jobs a multiparty system is not considered as worth fighting for. The idea that Russians are eager to get rid of Putin is a fantasy. Soon they will want to make him President for life...
Well put, Sertorio!

It seems that it is only during times of unacceptable stress that any nation hankers for a change of regime.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Doc, neverfail and 3 guests