Where are they?

A place to discuss the future of this Place
Jim the Moron

Where are they?

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Posters come and go. Some are really missed. That's a long list - from the early days. Think Heraclitus, noddy, Ellens, CD, monster_gardener, and many others.

But, more recently, we haven't heard from Booklady, Alexis, the Hockey Bros., and others who helped kick-start The New Place. We need you . . .

armchair_pundit

Re: Where are they?

Post by armchair_pundit » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Agreed whole-hardheartedly Jim. As our little community dwindles, we have little hope of new members unless we invite/encourage them from where ever we can.

Definitely starting to worry about BookLady, as she has always been here among the stacks in all the Spengler fora incarnations.

I don't post much lately as my company is in overdrive and consuming most of my time. But I check in every day or so to see how old friends are doing and what they are arguing, erm, discussing...

I hope many more do as well, and can join the conversations when they can!

Doc

Re: Where are they?

Post by Doc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:28 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:38 pm
Posters come and go. Some are really missed. That's a long list - from the early days. Think Heraclitus, noddy, Ellens, CD, monster_gardener, and many others.

But, more recently, we haven't heard from Booklady, Alexis, the Hockey Bros., and others who helped kick-start The New Place. We need you . . .
Monster is still around He just decided to not post much online. Alexis posts here on occasion. Not sure what happened to the Hockey Bros. I took it that one disappeared and the other wasn't sure what happened. Concerned about Book Lady as she disappeared with the hurricane in Florida in September. Tried emailing her but got no response. CD got mad at the Hockey Dads and left. Noddy is still around.
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx