Thank You, President Obama

For everything else for now
Booklady

Post by Booklady » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:26 pm

:mrgreen: :D :lol: :mrgreen: I'm so happy, I can't stop smiling!

But, this article expresses my thanks to President Obama, for several of his most important and prevailing accomplishments! My emphasis, below.

No man has done more to both discredit Democrats and elect Republicans than he has over the last eight years.

More than 1,000 elected Democrats are now experiencing first-hand the joys of looking for work in the Obama economy, with roughly 4,000 more political appointees set to join them tomorrow.

Were it not for Barack Obama, Democrats might still control the House and/or the Senate.

Were it not for Barack Obama, some other Democrat might have replaced late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Were it not for Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton may well have been elected president in 2008. Her email server wasn’t yet an issue, nor was her horrible record as secretary of state. And there’s every reason to suspect John McCain, who refused to bring up Rev. Wright, would’ve run an equally weak campaign against her. Whew, bullet dodged!

Were it not for Barack Obama, Democrats with a Democratic president may well have worked with Republicans to pass watered down versions of his executive orders. Once something is codified in law it’s much easier to expand. Since Obama chose to ignore Congress, much of his “legacy” can be wiped from history with a signature from that magic pen of his, which Donald Trump will soon wield.

Were it not for Barack Obama, many Americans still wouldn’t know just how big of a failure government is when it tries to run segments of the economy best left to the private sector. Many people who thought Obamacare didn’t sound so bad now personally know what happens when government tries to “help.” Hell, McCain may have tried to do some half-measure of the same failed plan, but Obama did it instead. Again, bullet dodged!

Were it not for Barack Obama, Americans might not recognize the threat of radical Islam and the real danger of pretending it doesn’t exist.
No Republicans, and virtually no other Democrat, would have insisted the attack at Fort Hood was “workplace violence” and not a terrorist attack. It’s likely only Barack Obama could have led a progressive chorus denouncing the Pulse nightclub attack as being about guns or homophobia when there was audio of the terrorist declaring he was doing it in the name of ISIS. No one else would have had the chutzpah.

Were it not for Barack Obama, the media would not have been as exposed as the press release copy-pasting stenographer activists with press credentials they are. Millions more people would still believe they were honest brokers interested only in afflicting the comfortable and comforting the afflicted. Thanks to how far overboard they went to protect Obama, the blinders are gone and the throne-sniffers exposed.

[snip]
No one would have suspected the greatest elector of Republicans the country has ever seen would be the most celebrated Democrat the country has ever known. For that, I want to say as you leave, “Thank you, Barack Obama.”

I don’t care if the door hits you on the way out…
Oh Happy Day!
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

neverfail

Re: an ironic "Thank You, President Obama" by Booklady.

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:13 am

Hi Booklady! :D

Well, it seems that your jaundiced view of Obama is shared only by a minority of your fellow-Americans:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/obama ... ?r=US&IR=T

(quote) President Barack Obama is set to leave office nearly as popular as he was coming into the job.

PS: with hindsight it would seem that the results of the recent US election (which still saw Trump elected by a decided minority of the popular vote) was more like a vote of no-confidence in Hillary rather than signalling any widespread popular disapproval of Obama and his handling of the presidency.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 am

neverfail wrote:Hi Booklady! :D

Well, it seems that your jaundiced view of Obama is shared only by a minority of your fellow-Americans:

(quote) President Barack Obama is set to leave office nearly as popular as he was coming into the job.

PS: with hindsight it would seem that the results of the recent US election (which still saw Trump elected by a decided minority of the popular vote) was more like a vote of no-confidence in Hillary rather than signalling any widespread popular disapproval of Obama and his handling of the presidency.
Presidents are often elected in the U.S. with a minority of the popular vote. Trump was, but Clinton also had a minority. George W. Bush was in 2000, although he eked out a majority in 2004. Bill Clinton was twice elected with a minority of the popular vote.

Popular disapproval of Hillary Clinton (both from the left and right) was certainly a factor in her defeat, but it wasn't the only one. Without a strong Midwestern working class reaction against the ceaseless arrogance of bi-coastal cultural elites, Trump would not have won.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:16 am

SteveFoerster wrote: Presidents are often elected in the U.S. with a minority of the popular vote. Trump was, but Clinton also had a minority. George W. Bush was in 2000, although he eked out a majority in 2004. Bill Clinton was twice elected with a minority of the popular vote.

Popular disapproval of Hillary Clinton (both from the left and right) was certainly a factor in her defeat, but it wasn't the only one. Without a strong Midwestern working class reaction against the ceaseless arrogance of bi-coastal cultural elites, Trump would not have won.
Thanks SF.

I have come to trust in the sagacity of your posts. Could you possibly spare me some keystrokes and explain who these bi-coastal cultural elites are and what makes them such a turn-off?

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:02 am

neverfail wrote:Hi Booklady! :D

Hello neverfail! :D

So glad our friend SteveFoerster enlightened you about how our electoral system works. So, no Hillary Clinton lost the election, and did not earn the required 270 electoral votes, which the MSM had assured us that she not only had but more, so much more that ole Trump could not possibly win.

Believe me, it was a surprise to everyone that she lost. And he gained 304 electoral votes. It is what it is!
No doubt, the same pollsters who told Hillary she won are the ones telling us Mr. Obama is super popular! :mrgreen:
Well, neverfail, Mr. Obama disagrees with you, he said his legacy was on the ballot.
An angry Obama puts himself on the ballot

Viva Cristo Rey and God Bless America!
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.