The Uncensored Thailand Megathread!!

For everything else for now
Hocketing Dad

The Uncensored Thailand Megathread!!

Post by Hocketing Dad » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Two days since the fear of censorship was lifted from our creaking shoulders
and Monsieur Jim has still not realized that he is now free to slander the King,
in any way he pleases.

I'm a little disappointed at the dam that did not burst... at the paucity of pent-up slander.

:roll:

I'm no authority on Thailand, unfortunately, but I have one revelation to share.

It must be 1000 times that I have driven past a Thai restaurant located 3-4 miles north of my house
every time thinking that I should stop there and have some great Thai food...

The last time that I ate at a Thai restaurant was in Bremen, many years ago
The food was absolutely fantastic, one of the best meals I ever recall.
And even more fantastic was the Thai waitress; she was pretty, gentle, charming and attentive.

At the next table there was a drunken German lout, who was very abusive, to the point of clearly evictable.
But this wonderful waitress spoke to him calmly, respectfully, and she completely controlled and quieted him down.

So I trust that describes my high expectations
going in to this little Thai restaurant here in Florida tonight, finally.

Except that the service tonight was impersonal,
and the food was execrable.

And that is the last time I will darken their door.

Thailand, Schmailand.

Lol.

Jim the Moron

Re: The Uncensored Thailand Megathread!!

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:41 am

"Monsieur Jim" slander the Thai King? Moi? But . . . you want slander - I got slander:

https://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-4 ... Fe0q_krKM9
"Thailand's Caligula-Like And Useless New King"
Last edited by Jim the Moron on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:04 am

"Thailand, Schmailand" Saying that in Bangkok can get you hung, drawn, and quartered these days.

Actually, my main interest is in revealing the gross, repressive nature of of the military dictatorship there. The junta uses "protection" of the royal family as justification for its dictatorial governance.

Thai restaurants outside of Thailand tend to be lousy. We found very good ones in Denver (USA), Melbourne (Aus), and of course in Laos.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:22 am

The People's Daily Morning Star? So it's communism and Satanism all rolled into one? :ugeek: :twisted:
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:36 am

Hey, SteveF. Is it your intent to eventually offer up a contrary opinion ref the content of the link? Or is it that you are content to dismiss the message because of the messenger? We need to know.

Hockey Dad
Location: Stuck in a Gstaad gondola with 3 snarling pussies...

Post by Hockey Dad » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:42 am

Jim the Moron wrote:"Thailand, Schmailand" Saying that in Bangkok can get you hung, drawn, and quartered these days.

Actually, my main interest is in revealing the gross, repressive nature of of the military dictatorship there. The junta uses "protection" of the royal family as justification for its dictatorial governance.

Thai restaurants outside of Thailand tend to be lousy. We found very good ones in Denver (USA), Melbourne (Aus), and of course in Laos.

Thailand, Schmailand, Bankok, Schpangkok...

Would you happen to be linguistically versatile enough to read what is said about the photo on the left?

A google 'search by image' on it, leads to a number of pages full of juicy gossip?

[Admin edit: I know we want to keep things uncensored, but Google will deactivate our Adsense account if it finds images like this on the site, we need this revenue to cover the hosting costs. Thanks for your understanding.]

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:04 am

"Would you happen to be linguistically versatile enough to read what is said about the photo on the left?"

Perhaps. What language do you have in mind? Or does it matter?

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:07 am

Jim the Moron wrote:Hey, SteveF. Is it your intent to eventually offer up a contrary opinion ref the content of the link? Or is it that you are content to dismiss the message because of the messenger? We need to know.
Neither, actually. I just found it amusing that communists would use Satanic imagery, as if they weren't already controversial enough.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Hockey Dad
Location: Stuck in a Gstaad gondola with 3 snarling pussies...

Post by Hockey Dad » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:16 am

Jim the Moron wrote:"Would you happen to be linguistically versatile enough to read what is said about the photo on the left?"

Perhaps. What language do you have in mind? Or does it matter?
追記:
このブログではあまりゴシップ的なネタに触れるつもりはないのだが、なぜワチラーロンコーンがそこまで多くのタイ人に嫌悪されているのか、文章だけでは伝わりにくいかもしれない。
多くの文字より一枚の写真から伝わることの方があるかもしれないと思い、この画像リンクを張っておきます。

For instance...

Correction: I tried this in google translate which labelled it Japanese -
so we're still looking for the Thai Deep Throat...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:21 pm

"Inching toward Orwell"
http://www.newmandala.org/inching-toward-orwell/

This is a good catch-up article on the Thai military dictatorship for those wishing to go beyond mainstream sources. The author, a Thai residing in Thailand, wisely doesn't go into royal family matters. Still, I'll betcha he's got a quick exit planned out just in case. Being "disappeared" in Thailand generally results in no remains ever to be found.