The Russians Did It!

For everything else for now
Booklady

The Russians Did It!

Post by Booklady » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 am

:lol: Yes, they probably hacked the Oscars.

Image Maybe Boris and Natasha.

When Russians hack the Oscars … jaw-dropping chaos after wrong best picture award was given!

In all of the confusion of knocking down Donald Trump, I am sure he got the last laugh as the Oscars made a mess of the 2017 event.
The Russians did it!

That’s probably what liberal media would be shrieking if the epic Oscars gaffe had not been captured on live TV. After trolling President Trump the entire night, Hollywood got egg on its face bigly after the wrong winner was announced for best picture.

The bizarre turn of events unfolded when Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were presenting the Academy Award for best picture. Beatty was handed an envelope that was supposed to contain the winner.

Beatty looked confused after opening the card. Dunaway apparently thought Beatty was hesitating for dramatic effect, so she jokingly said, “You’re impossible. Come on.”

After Beatty showed her the card, Dunaway said aloud: “‘La La Land.”

After the “La La Land” cast and crew went on stage, a man wearing a headset approached producer Fred Berger, who then said into the mic: “We lost, by the way. I’m sorry, there’s a mistake. ‘Moonlight,’ you guys won best picture. This is not a joke.”

Beatty later explained: “I opened the envelope and it said, ‘Emma Stone, La La Land.’ That’s why I took such a long look at Faye and at [the audience]. I wasn’t trying to be funny.”

Emma Stone had won the best actress Oscar earlier that evening. Stone later told the press she was holding the card that had her name “the entire time.”

Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers released a statement saying they had handed Warren Beatty the wrong envelope. They also explained separately that accountants typically create two sets of winners’ envelopes, so it’s likely Stone had her envelope and Beatty had the duplicate.
Wow, what a let down for La La Land! :shock:
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.