Australian prehistory older than we thought.

is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. Add your contributions here!
Post Reply

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1577
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Australian prehistory older than we thought.

Post by Doc » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 pm

So how old are you Neverfail? :P
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

neverfail
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Australian prehistory older than we thought.

Post by neverfail » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 am

Not old enough to be prehistoric doc.

neverfail
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Australian prehistory older than we thought.

Post by neverfail » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 am

These people were everywhere - even in the Americas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 03874.html

They may even represent the very first wave of fully evolved homo sapiens to leave Africa.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Australian prehistory older than we thought.

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 am
These people were everywhere - even in the Americas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 03874.html

They may even represent the very first wave of fully evolved homo sapiens to leave Africa.
That's a 21 year old article about a speculation-based migration theory that I've never seen elsewhere. Not to knock aborigines, but I don't really accept this one at face value.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Australian prehistory older than we thought.

Post by neverfail » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:20 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 am
These people were everywhere - even in the Americas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 03874.html

They may even represent the very first wave of fully evolved homo sapiens to leave Africa.
That's a 21 year old article about a speculation-based migration theory that I've never seen elsewhere. Not to knock aborigines, but I don't really accept this one at face value.
Thanks for your contribution Steve.

That is of course your right to not accept.. Yet I still quote the following from the link:

By analysing the multi-dimensional images on his computer screen and comparing hundreds of ancient skulls from all over the world, Dr Neves has found the only exact match for his early South American examples are ancient skulls from Australia. The morphologies are identical. "We were very surprised by what we found," he says.

Not idle speculation but a conclusion drawn from scientific evidence. This is still not a gilt-edged guarantee that the conclusion is the correct one; but to me it still looks good.

I have known for decades, long before I heard about those Australoid skulls discovered in Brazil, that this race of people was widespread throughout south eastern Asia. Remnant tribes still exist in remote parts of Assam, India and also in Malaya. Quite a number of these communities still exist in the Papua- New Guinea highlands and it is known that the Melanesian sub-race of the southwestern Pacific Islands is derived from the Australoids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australoid_race

Jim the Moron
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Australian prehistory older than we thought.

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:00 am

Human settlement and expansion through the Americas has never lacked for controversy. Maybe as the amount of DNA data accumulates, we will have definitive answers.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/07/ ... globe-away

neverfail
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Australian prehistory older than we thought.

Post by neverfail » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:07 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:00 am
Human settlement and expansion through the Americas has never lacked for controversy. Maybe as the amount of DNA data accumulates, we will have definitive answers.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/07/ ... globe-away
Thanks for that link Jim.

Post Reply