This will Change Everything You Know... (2018-2019)

High Culture, Religion, Philosophy and Esoterica.
Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm

The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

lzzrdgrrl

Re: This will Change Everything You Know... (2018-2019)

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Discuss.......

Which is the more catastrophic event in recent history, 9-11 or the election of Donald J. Trump?............

And this does play directly or indirectly into the social media revolution Doc posted just above..........
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Dopamine is with us with or without the Internet. The difference is that the internet weakens distance, political, and social boundaries.

My question is more along the lines of who is most effected by social, commercial and political dopamemes?
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Discuss.......

Which is the more catastrophic event in recent history, 9-11 or the election of Donald J. Trump?............

And this does play directly or indirectly into the social media revolution Doc posted just above..........
So far, 9/11. It led to the resurgence of Western military interventionism in the Middle East, causing disruptions leading to hundreds of thousands of deaths there.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:10 am
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Discuss.......

So far, 9/11. It led to the resurgence of Western military interventionism in the Middle East, causing disruptions leading to hundreds of thousands of deaths there.
Clearly not enough has been done

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 am

I'm trying form a sentiment in words and my response to this blog post by Tyler O' Neil is the best I can come up with so far:
lzzrdgrrl wrote:This is not a fairy tale but an existential nightmare. The shock crisis of a 150 year old secular empire that fancies itself humanist, egalitarian and liberal. Postmodern, post-Christian civilisation is ending and DJT is only a banner of the forces that are sacking its cities and burning its temples. This is the Flood of the Old Testament in RL, the dawning of a new axial age......
https://pjmedia.com/trending/nyts-david ... airy-tale/

The replies are interesting. Maybe I should troll this stream.....'>........
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........