Nazis and the Left wing

High Culture, Religion, Philosophy and Esoterica.
Milo

Re: Nazis and the Left wing

Post by Milo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:43 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:31 am
Milo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 pm
LaPierre, who earns a measly $1 million a year not caring about gun violence
While I don't like the NRA's approach, and disagree with many of their positions, it is no more fair to say that someone who supports private gun ownership doesn't care about gun violence than it would be to say that those who oppose it just want to disarm crime victims and thus don't care about gun violence.
No. To say the NRA does not care about gun violence is completely accurate.

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:43 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Milo wrote:
While I don't like the NRA's approach, and disagree with many of their positions, it is no more fair to say that someone who supports private gun ownership doesn't care about gun violence than it would be to say that those who oppose it just want to disarm crime victims and thus don't care about gun violence.
I do know that criminal cartels care about gun control quite a bit. Does that mean gun control enthusiasts should support them?
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:15 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 pm
Milo wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Milo wrote:
I do know that criminal cartels care about gun control quite a bit. Does that mean gun control enthusiasts should support them?
I rather think that my profession puts me in contact with more criminals than the average person and I can't discern a common position on gun control there.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:45 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:15 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 pm
Milo wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Milo wrote:
I rather think that my profession puts me in contact with more criminals than the average person and I can't discern a common position on gun control there.
Why? IT seems pretty clear that people that use guns to take what they want would be happy if they knew that those they are taking from have no guns. Or do you figure that there is some kind of honor system where criminals don't shoot unarmed people?
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx