Netanyahu at victory parade in Moscow

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Netanyahu at victory parade in Moscow

Post by Sertorio » Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am

Was anyone aware of the fact that Netanyahu had attended the victory parade in Moscow? What could that mean?

Doc

Re: Netanyahu at victory parade in Moscow

Post by Doc » Thu May 10, 2018 11:05 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am
Was anyone aware of the fact that Netanyahu had attended the victory parade in Moscow? What could that mean?

I think we got our answer in the last couple of days.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Thu May 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 am

"What could that mean?"

Soviet Russia was an early supporter of the new State of Israel. Since, it's been up and down. All that is well known.

Russians are cultured folks, in the best sense - think literature, music, etc. Islam is the culture of death. Israel is culturally vibrant.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Israel is culturally vibrant.
Hmmm....

Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Israel is culturally vibrant.
Hmmm....

Hmmm - yes, indeed . . . And then there's this:

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri May 11, 2018 4:07 am

1. Netanyahu went to Moscow to ask Russia not to supply the S-300 to Syria. What is Israel prepared to offer in return?...

2. Israel realizes the US will not remain for much longer a decisive player in the ME, and is edging its bets by establishing a closer relationship with Russia.

3. Israel is trying to disturb Russia's relationships with its Muslim friends in the ME.

Any other possibilities?...

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm

I have no insider info on what happened in Moscow between Netanyahu and Putin but I am pretty certain that Netanyahu did not ask Putin to block arms sales to Iran or Syria. Putin will do what is good for Russia and I am not sure that getting thos brand new SA300, SA400 destroyed again will do good to Russia declining arms sales. It is possible that in Russian hands those systems would be more effective but with Iranians or Syrians at the controls they do not do so well.
Another reason, on a lighter note, now that 50 Iranian targets plus a few Syrian AA batteries were destroyed, the IDF needs some new targets for practice runs...
I do believe that Netanyahu went to Moscow to insure that the Russians stay out of potential target areas and to try to appeal to Putin to curb the dogs that are within his reach.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat May 12, 2018 3:48 am

dagbay wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm
I have no insider info on what happened in Moscow between Netanyahu and Putin but I am pretty certain that Netanyahu did not ask Putin to block arms sales to Iran or Syria. Putin will do what is good for Russia and I am not sure that getting thos brand new SA300, SA400 destroyed again will do good to Russia declining arms sales. It is possible that in Russian hands those systems would be more effective but with Iranians or Syrians at the controls they do not do so well.
Another reason, on a lighter note, now that 50 Iranian targets plus a few Syrian AA batteries were destroyed, the IDF needs some new targets for practice runs...
I do believe that Netanyahu went to Moscow to insure that the Russians stay out of potential target areas and to try to appeal to Putin to curb the dogs that are within his reach.
You live in a fantasy world... Just like Trump. As a simple individual your fantasies are harmless, but when a country lives divorced from reality it tends to take wrong decisions and ends up paying an unexpected price. Just as it happened in Vietnam...

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sat May 12, 2018 10:56 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:48 am
dagbay wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm
You live in a fantasy world... Just like Trump. As a simple individual your fantasies are harmless, but when a country lives divorced from reality it tends to take wrong decisions and ends up paying an unexpected price. Just as it happened in Vietnam...
You are entitled to your fantasies as well Sertorio, so far facts on this earth do not bode well for yours. Netanyahu iseems at home in both Moscow and Washington, Iran is being put in its place by a president who means business and many world leaders are starting to appreciate what that means. The goals of each country are best addressed without destabilizing others but declining dictatorships require constant turmoil to shift the attention of their citizens to external matters. This has been the modus operandi of many Muslim regimes in the ME but it works only for a limited time. Iran's mullahs are looking at the end of their rule and having gotten so close to what they perceive as their insurance policy they are acting in an irrational way feeling denied of their goal. It is hard to predict how far and low they will drag Iran before they clear out.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.