The largest collapse of a political party in American history

Discussion of current events
Doc

The largest collapse of a political party in American history

Post by Doc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 pm

:D
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Doc

Re: The largest collapse of a political party in American history

Post by Doc » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:30 am

Authoritarians in Liberal clothing

Secretly Taped Audio Reveals Democratic Leadership Pressuring Progressive to Leave Race

Progressive candidate Levi Tillemann met with Congressman Steny Hoyer, the No. 2 Democrat in the House of Representatives, to make the case that the party should stay neutral in the Colorado primary and that he had a more plausible path to victory than the same centrism that the Republican incumbent had already beaten repeatedly. Hoyer, however, had his own message he wanted to convey: Tillemann should drop out. In a frank and wide-ranging conversation, Hoyer laid down the law for Tillemann. The decision, Tillemann was told, had been made long ago. It wasn’t personal, Hoyer insisted, and there was nothing uniquely unfair being done to Tillemann, he explained: This is how the party does it everywhere. Tillemann had heard the argument before from D.C. insiders and local Democratic bigwigs, all of whom had discouraged him from challenging the establishment favorite. The only difference was that for this conversation, the candidate had his phone set to record.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed May 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Well, we will see how true that is in November 2018.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed May 02, 2018 7:40 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:50 pm
I have a feeling that a lot depends on Trump's meeting with Fatty Kim. If real progress is made, Trump (together with Kim and Moon) will likely be awarded the Nobel Prize. This will sway voters in November. Then you can Wave bye-bye to the Blue Wave.

.............................................................................................................................................

NB The Prize is given on December 10, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel. But the decision to award is made and announced around October - perfect timing.

I think many Democrat politicians are hoping that there will be a war on the Korean peninsula instead of peace. If there is peace they can Wave bye-bye to power, money and girls.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed May 02, 2018 9:26 pm

cassowary wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:40 pm
uche africanus wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:50 pm
I have a feeling that a lot depends on Trump's meeting with Fatty Kim. If real progress is made, Trump (together with Kim and Moon) will likely be awarded the Nobel Prize. This will sway voters in November. Then you can Wave bye-bye to the Blue Wave.

.............................................................................................................................................

NB The Prize is given on December 10, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel. But the decision to award is made and announced around October - perfect timing.

I think many Democrat politicians are hoping that there will be a war on the Korean peninsula instead of peace. If there is peace they can Wave bye-bye to power, money and girls.
George Bush Sr brought down the Iron Curtain, he got a Democrat controlled Congress and was a one term President.

Some days you're just another Sertorio.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 pm

cassowary wrote:
Despite all the airtime it gets, most everyday Americans don't really give a shit what happens abroad. Partisans will use whatever happens as an excuse to cheer for their team and boo the other team, but they'll forget about it by the next news cycle. American swing voters, the ones who matter, vote with their wallets.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu May 03, 2018 9:54 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 pm
cassowary wrote:
Despite all the airtime it gets, most everyday Americans don't really give a shit what happens abroad. Partisans will use whatever happens as an excuse to cheer for their team and boo the other team, but they'll forget about it by the next news cycle. American swing voters, the ones who matter, vote with their wallets.
Back in the late 70's no one (or very few) cared about politic at all. At least where I was.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri May 04, 2018 2:00 am

Milo wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Some days you're just another Sertorio.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I am unique!... All cloning of this unique personality has failed so far, in beautiful Portugal...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri May 04, 2018 4:27 am

cassowary wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh, are you saying that those awful Democrats have the temerity to want what darn old Trump has already had for years? How dare they!

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Fri May 04, 2018 6:07 pm

November will be decisive. It will be the first grapeshots fired at the Republican Party on its way to becoming a party of white nationalists and loons. I predicted the collapse during the last presidential election. Then, Trump surprised everyone including many who voted for him and especially everyone who voted for third party candidates or stayed home. People know now that voting is critically important. And that the choice is no longer between half right and half left but between daylight and nightmare.