Guns for Protection!

Discussion of current events
Milo

Guns for Protection!

Post by Milo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:19 pm

In America this guy would have six bullets in him and they'd call the shooters brave.

This is real courage, and proper police work!

neverfail

Re: Guns for Protection!

Post by neverfail » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Milo; if this relates to the recent van charge tragedy and shootout in Toronto, I saw TV news video of the arrest and the discipline and cool nerves of the cop who made the arrest impressed me also.

At the time it also occurred to me that if this had happened anywhere in the USA; more likely the characteristically panic prone, trigger happy cop on the scene would have fired his side arm into the miscreant until out of ammunition. The miscreant would then likely have been "arrested" dead.

As you say, that's real police work!

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 pm
Milo; if this relates to the recent van charge tragedy and shootout in Toronto, I saw TV news video of the arrest and the discipline and cool nerves of the cop who made the arrest impressed me also.

At the time it also occurred to me that if this had happened anywhere in the USA; more likely the characteristically panic prone, trigger happy cop on the scene would have fired his side arm into the miscreant until out of ammunition. The miscreant would then likely have been "arrested" dead.

As you say, that's real police work!
Yes Neverfail, this is the arrest of the suspect in the van tragedy in Toronto. Worth noting too that Toronto has big city problems, by our standards!

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 pm

That Toronto officer had real courage. Compare him to the cowardly sheriff who refused to allow his deputies to approach that killer in the Florida school.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 pm
That Toronto officer had real courage. Compare him to the cowardly sheriff who refused to allow his deputies to approach that killer in the Florida school.
So they could shoot him!

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
So they could shoot him!
I'm a paid up member of an anti-police brutality group, and even I am okay with police taking out an active shooter.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:51 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am
Milo wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
So they could shoot him!
I'm a paid up member of an anti-police brutality group, and even I am okay with police taking out an active shooter.
I know you are not one of these gun stroker types Steve but this video is proof that the need to do that is greatly exaggerated.