Sertorio wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:45 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:16 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:50 pm
Milo wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:59 pm
I am now convinced that NK's nuke site did collapse and this is face saving: diplomacy at its best.
North Korea's nuclear test site will close in May, the South Korean president's office has said.
A spokesman said the closure of the Punggye-ri site would be done in public and foreign experts from South Korea and the US would be invited to watch.
Face saving or arse saving, Milo?
Indeed!

It looks like NK has their own Chernobyl.
What would the world be, if there weren't people always ready to think the worst possible things about what others do or say?... If there is a hell, I'm sure it will have a special section for such people...
I don't see this as "worst". I think it's great!

Why would you say that it's "worst"?

cassowary

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by cassowary » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:48 am
cassowary wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:43 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:20 am
cassowary wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:40 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:46 am
cassowary wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:13 am

The notion that Fatty Kim would have wanted to talk peace to the South if not for US pressure sounds naive.
The notion that calling Kim Jong-un, Fatty Kim, will enhance the value of your arguments is childish.

The notion that Kim Jong-un would need - or even accept - any pressure from the US sounds pretty ignorant.
The sanctions are hurting. Dictators only understand the use of force. Somehow, Trump managed to get the Chinese to go along with the sanctions and put the screws on Fatty Kim. That's something other Presidents failed to do.
The insistence on using the expression "Fatty Kim" places you at the lower kindergarden intellectual level. That's probably why you like Trump so much...
Saying that my intellect is at the kindergarten level does not contribute to the discussion and is childish.
It's meant to explain why a discussion is not possible with you... If Kim Jong-un was a thin person, what would you call him?...
How about "Skinny KIm"?

Ah, I see your reluctance to discuss things with me as a sign you cannot find refutations to my points. So you are looking for an excuse like me calling Kim Jong Un, "Fatty Kim".

By the way, I seem to recall you referring to Poroshenko as "Porkoshenko."

cassowary

China may be left out of Korean peace talks, the Chinese fear

Post by cassowary » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:03 pm

China could be left out of peace talks after Trump-Kim summit, analysts say
Beijing should be involved in talks for a peace treaty to officially end the Korean war, according to Chinese analysts, who say there is a chance it could be left out of the negotiations following a summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
The Chinese Commies won't like that. If Trump is smart, he should try to wean N Korea off its dependency on China. Establish trading links. Give foreign aid in exchange for shutting down its nukes and missiles. Get rich Japan and S Korea to contribute.

My hunch is that Fatty Kim is mad at the Chinese for not supporting him enough and in fact pressuring him to abandon his precious nuke toys. He must be thinking, "The Chinese buckled under American pressure instead of supporting us. Why did put ourselves in such a position as to depend so much on China? Why can't I play US against China I go for the highest bidder. "
Kim also disputed a claim by Chinese scientists that he offered to shut down the test site only because it was no longer functioning after the last nuclear test in September triggered a series of aftershocks that are believed to have caused part of the mountain to collapse, according to a spokesman for South Korean President Moon Jae-in.

“Some said we will dismantle unusable facilities, but there are two larger tunnels [in addition to] the original one and these are in very good condition as you will [see],” Kim was quoted as saying by the spokesman, Yoon Young-chan.
The Chinese, for whatever reason, decided to rain on Fatty Kim's parade by saying that his nuclear testing site was useless anyway and so don't deserve much concessions from the US. Maybe they are afraid that Fatty Kim will now be too friendly with the South Koreans and the Americans for their liking. They prefer Fatty Kim to be dependent on them so as to control him.
“Judging from the Panmunjom Declaration, North Korea’s emphasis on ‘denuclearisation’ was not specifically about Pyongyang. It did not say it would completely get rid of its nuclear weapons,” said Sun Xingjie, a Korean affairs expert with Jilin University. “South Korea may have over-interpreted North Korea’s definition of denuclearisation.”
That is probably true. Fatty Kim wants to keep some Trump cards to bargain with. He won't go full out to rid himself of nukes but will scale down drastically, just enough to satisfy Trump. At the same time, he hopes to lessen his dependency on Beijing. I see he wants to be friendly to rich Japan too.

Fatty Kim wants to talk to Japan too

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:11 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:44 pm

By the way, I seem to recall you referring to Poroshenko as "Porkoshenko."
That's a lie. I did not. I'm proud to say that my brains are still clear enough for me not to need to resort to that type of utterances. I leave that to you...

Sertorio

Re: China may be left out of Korean peace talks, the Chinese fear

Post by Sertorio » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:20 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:03 pm
China could be left out of peace talks after Trump-Kim summit, analysts say
Beijing should be involved in talks for a peace treaty to officially end the Korean war, according to Chinese analysts, who say there is a chance it could be left out of the negotiations following a summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
The Chinese Commies won't like that. If Trump is smart, he should try to wean N Korea off its dependency on China. Establish trading links. Give foreign aid in exchange for shutting down its nukes and missiles. Get rich Japan and S Korea to contribute.

My hunch is that Fatty Kim is mad at the Chinese for not supporting him enough and in fact pressuring him to abandon his precious nuke toys. He must be thinking, "The Chinese buckled under American pressure instead of supporting us. Why did put ourselves in such a position as to depend so much on China? Why can't I play US against China I go for the highest bidder. "
Kim also disputed a claim by Chinese scientists that he offered to shut down the test site only because it was no longer functioning after the last nuclear test in September triggered a series of aftershocks that are believed to have caused part of the mountain to collapse, according to a spokesman for South Korean President Moon Jae-in.

“Some said we will dismantle unusable facilities, but there are two larger tunnels [in addition to] the original one and these are in very good condition as you will [see],” Kim was quoted as saying by the spokesman, Yoon Young-chan.
The Chinese, for whatever reason, decided to rain on Fatty Kim's parade by saying that his nuclear testing site was useless anyway and so don't deserve much concessions from the US. Maybe they are afraid that Fatty Kim will now be too friendly with the South Koreans and the Americans for their liking. They prefer Fatty Kim to be dependent on them so as to control him.
“Judging from the Panmunjom Declaration, North Korea’s emphasis on ‘denuclearisation’ was not specifically about Pyongyang. It did not say it would completely get rid of its nuclear weapons,” said Sun Xingjie, a Korean affairs expert with Jilin University. “South Korea may have over-interpreted North Korea’s definition of denuclearisation.”
That is probably true. Fatty Kim wants to keep some Trump cards to bargain with. He won't go full out to rid himself of nukes but will scale down drastically, just enough to satisfy Trump. At the same time, he hopes to lessen his dependency on Beijing. I see he wants to be friendly to rich Japan too.

Fatty Kim wants to talk to Japan too
"Commies", "Fatty Kim", when will you stoop to using expressions, such as "Japs", Niggers", "Wogs", "Slant Eyes", "Towel Heads", "Queers", etc.?...

armchair_pundit

Re: China may be left out of Korean peace talks, the Chinese fear

Post by armchair_pundit » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:20 am

"Commies", "Fatty Kim", when will you stoop to using expressions, such as "Japs", Niggers", "Wogs", "Slant Eyes", "Towel Heads", "Queers", etc.?...

Louder! Louder!

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 am

South Korean President says Trump should win Nobel Peace Prize
Congratulated for an apparent breakthrough in relations between South Korea and North Korea, South Korean President Moon Jae-in said, "It's President Trump who should receive the Nobel Prize."
Maybe Moon will name a subway station after Trump like the Israelis did in Jerusalem.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 am

But Sertorio. Moon himself gave credit to Trump for making the summit possible. Is he insulting himself? hahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:
As you know, better than I do, face is important to Asians. Moon was just saving Trump's face by giving him credit for something he never wanted happening. Maybe like that Trump would be a tiny little bit more willing not to wreck the North-South talks. While at the same time giving Trump the impression that he wasn't being left out by the two Korean leaders.
I have to say, that actually sounds entirely plausible, especially the bit about giving Trump a reason not to derail the proceedings.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

cassowary

South Korea won't ask for withdrawal of US troops in any peace deal with the North

Post by cassowary » Wed May 02, 2018 8:20 pm

South Korea peace deal won't require US troops to leave
SEOUL—South Korea said it wouldn’t seek a withdrawal of U.S. troops stationed in the country if a peace deal is signed with North Korea, after an adviser to the South’s president said it would be difficult to justify a continued U.S. presence on the peninsula.
The South would be a fool if they ask US troops to leave based on a promise by Fatty Kim.

On a related matter, I think Asia needs more US troops. This is no longer the 1950s. The main threat now comes from China and not Russia. With Russia reduced to a rump state and shorn of E European allies, the Europeans are capable of defending themselves. But they must be willing to find the money to build up their military. How about reducing their overly cushy welfare states and use that money to build up the military?

Germany should develop an European nuclear deterrent. Let a German command NATO forces as the US gradually withdraws from Europe. They can remain in NATO. No need to withdraw membership.

The US needs to focus on Asia instead. China is a growing power and will become more powerful than the US in a matter of one decade. Its GDP will soon overtake the US. From GDP comes military might.
So the US alone cannot contain China. It needs to form an Asian NATO with Japan, South Korea, India, Vietnam and maybe even Taiwan (provided they promise not to declare Independence and start a war with China.) Japan needs to update its constitution and allow for a military build-up. Again, this is not the 1950s. The era of fanatical emperor worshipping, banzai shouting, baby killing Japanese rapist-soldiers is over.