Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by cassowary » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:11 am

We saw today in Korea two true statesmen discussing matters of common concern, without the interference of any third party. The results are there to see: a formal end to the Korean war, cooperation on most fields, a desire to bring together the two nations. Unfortunately we are still going to have a meeting between Kim and Trump, and we may be sure that Trump will do his utmost to torpedo any aggreement between the two Korean states. Trump is going to try to make it look as if he has forced Kim to negotiate - when negotiations were the exclusive responsibility of Kim and Moon - and, by so doing, he may force Kim to leave the talks with Trump. Trump will demand things that he knows Kim cannot accept so that the US will be able to continue having a military force in South Korea. Hopefully Kim and Moon will then decide to go on on their own, and sign a peace treaty that will normalize the relations between the two states. Without the US.
Utter rubbish Sertorio.

The meeting was made possible because of pressure put on Fatty Kim by Trump who even managed to get Xi to go along. Without that, there would have been no meeting. How do I know? The South Korean leader said so.

South Korean leader credits Trump for bringing Kim to the table.
"I give President Trump huge credit for bringing about the inter-Korean talks, and I'd like to thank him for that," Moon said at a news conference in Seoul.
Presiddent Moon was talking about earlier talks but these made today's meeting possible. I rather believe in President Moon than you, Sertorio. You seem to be living in a dream world or should I say nightmare world.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am
Sertorio wrote:

We saw today in Korea two true statesmen discussing matters of common concern, without the interference of any third party. The results are there to see: a formal end to the Korean war, cooperation on most fields, a desire to bring together the two nations. Unfortunately we are still going to have a meeting between Kim and Trump, and we may be sure that Trump will do his utmost to torpedo any aggreement between the two Korean states. Trump is going to try to make it look as if he has forced Kim to negotiate - when negotiations were the exclusive responsibility of Kim and Moon - and, by so doing, he may force Kim to leave the talks with Trump. Trump will demand things that he knows Kim cannot accept so that the US will be able to continue having a military force in South Korea. Hopefully Kim and Moon will then decide to go on on their own, and sign a peace treaty that will normalize the relations between the two states. Without the US.
Utter rubbish Sertorio.

The meeting was made possible because of pressure put on Fatty Kim by Trump who even managed to get Xi to go along. Without that, there would have been no meeting. How do I know? The South Korean leader said so.

"I give President Trump huge credit for bringing about the inter-Korean talks, and I'd like to thank him for that," Moon said at a news conference in Seoul.
Presiddent Moon was talking about earlier talks but these made today's meeting possible. I rather believe in President Moon than you, Sertorio. You seem to be living in a dream world or should I say nightmare world.
You keep underestimating and insulting those you don't like, but one must be a bit feeble minded to think that two people like Kim and Moon could not decide to meet and solve their common problems unless prodded by an ignorant politician like Trump.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am
Sertorio wrote:

Utter rubbish Sertorio.

You keep underestimating and insulting those you don't like, but one must be a bit feeble minded to think that two people like Kim and Moon could not decide to meet and solve their common problems unless prodded by an ignorant politician like Trump.
But Sertorio. Moon himself gave credit to Trump for making the summit possible. Is he insulting himself? hahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 am

But Sertorio. Moon himself gave credit to Trump for making the summit possible. Is he insulting himself? hahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:
As you know, better than I do, face is important to Asians. Moon was just saving Trump's face by giving him credit for something he never wanted happening. Maybe like that Trump would be a tiny little bit more willing not to wreck the North-South talks. While at the same time giving Trump the impression that he wasn't being left out by the two Korean leaders.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:17 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am
cassowary wrote:

As you know, better than I do, face is important to Asians. Moon was just saving Trump's face by giving him credit for something he never wanted happening. Maybe like that Trump would be a tiny little bit more willing not to wreck the North-South talks. While at the same time giving Trump the impression that he wasn't being left out by the two Korean leaders.
Just as America and SK want to save Kim's face by not pointing out that his nuke program has brought about its own demise.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:17 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:

Just as America and SK want to save Kim's face by not pointing out that his nuke program has brought about its own demise.
Its own demise? Which demise?... :shock:

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:20 am

"Did you hear the one about Trump having arranged our meeting?..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Sertorio wrote:

Naughty but very likely true!

Cass, you cannot always take what politicians say (not even Asian ones) at face value. They use words to get things done: not to state eternal truths!

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:59 pm

I am now convinced that NK's nuke site did collapse and this is face saving: diplomacy at its best.
North Korea's nuclear test site will close in May, the South Korean president's office has said.
A spokesman said the closure of the Punggye-ri site would be done in public and foreign experts from South Korea and the US would be invited to watch.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:50 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:59 pm
I am now convinced that NK's nuke site did collapse and this is face saving: diplomacy at its best.
North Korea's nuclear test site will close in May, the South Korean president's office has said.
A spokesman said the closure of the Punggye-ri site would be done in public and foreign experts from South Korea and the US would be invited to watch.
Face saving or arse saving, Milo?