Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Discussion of current events
User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by cassowary » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:24 am

We no longer need nuclear tests or missile tests
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, announced early Saturday that his country no longer needed to test nuclear weapons or long-range missiles and would close a nuclear test site.

“The nuclear test site has done its job,” Mr. Kim said in a statement carried by North Korea’s state media.
Things are looking good. Keep your fingers crossed.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by Milo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 pm

OR

He can't make any.

North Korea test site could be unusable after collapse - Chinese scientists

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43894394

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by Sertorio » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 pm
OR

He can't make any.

North Korea test site could be unusable after collapse - Chinese scientists

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43894394
My, my!... If Kim ordered one test site to be made, he could order another one to replace the first one...Or would that break any law of nature, or any article in some code of law in use in Canada?...

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by Milo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 pm
Milo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 pm
OR

He can't make any.

North Korea test site could be unusable after collapse - Chinese scientists

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43894394
My, my!... If Kim ordered one test site to be made, he could order another one to replace the first one...Or would that break any law of nature, or any article in some code of law in use in Canada?...
If it was that easy everyone would have one.

neverfail
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by neverfail » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 am

Believing Kim Jong Un is like believing Donald trump. You would need to be crazy to do it.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by Sertorio » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 am
Believing Kim Jong Un is like believing Donald trump. You would need to be crazy to do it.
It would be nice if we could make a distinction between not liking someone's policies and despising the person. Kim is a dictator, which is the North Koreans' problem. But he isn't crazy and is mostly concerned with the wellbeing of his people, even if he does it in a manner we dislike. He is facing a ruthless power which never accepts anything but total surrender, so we must have at least some sympathy for his predicament. He is one of the rare politicians who has dared to face up to US aggressiveness and seems to have found a way to neutralize the hegemon. I don't like his political system but I admire his courage and intelligence in dealing with the most hateful power since nazi Germany. Without firing a single shot, he may be about to have US presence in Korea reduced to a token presence. I wish we could achieve that much in Europe.

neverfail
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by neverfail » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 am
neverfail wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 am
Believing Kim Jong Un is like believing Donald trump. You would need to be crazy to do it.
It would be nice if we could make a distinction between not liking someone's policies and despising the person. Kim is a dictator, which is the North Koreans' problem. But he isn't crazy and is mostly concerned with the wellbeing of his people, even if he does it in a manner we dislike.
I never said or even hinted that dictator Kim was crazy: only that he would not hesitate to lie his head off if he believed that this course of action best furthered his own dynastic interests.

As for darn old Trump: I get the impression that his propensity for telling lies is more ego driven than policy driven.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by cassowary » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 pm
OR

He can't make any.

North Korea test site could be unusable after collapse - Chinese scientists

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43894394
Or,
the Chinese want to help their ally by saying that Fatty Kim is not as dangerous as he seems. Anyway, let's hope they are right.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by cassowary » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 am
neverfail wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 am
Believing Kim Jong Un is like believing Donald trump. You would need to be crazy to do it.
It would be nice if we could make a distinction between not liking someone's policies and despising the person. Kim is a dictator, which is the North Koreans' problem. But he isn't crazy and is mostly concerned with the wellbeing of his people, even if he does it in a manner we dislike.
Funny way of showing concern for his people - by starving them.
He is facing a ruthless power which never accepts anything but total surrender, so we must have at least some sympathy for his predicament. He is one of the rare politicians who has dared to face up to US aggressiveness and seems to have found a way to neutralize the hegemon.
Most people believe that the US is in S Korea to protect S Korea from N Korean aggression. They are still determined to conquer the south under their system that you claim you dislike. S Korea is a democracy and the government abides by the wishes of its people who ultimately decide if the US stays or goes. The Philippines told the US to go and they went.
I don't like his political system but I admire his courage and intelligence in dealing with the most hateful power since nazi Germany. Without firing a single shot, he may be about to have US presence in Korea reduced to a token presence. I wish we could achieve that much in Europe.
The US presence is already at a token level. It only has 35,000 soldiers in South Korea as compared to more than 1,000,000 active North Korean soldiers. Clearly, the US presence is no threat to N Korea.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by Sertorio » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:11 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 am
neverfail wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 am
Believing Kim Jong Un is like believing Donald trump. You would need to be crazy to do it.
It would be nice if we could make a distinction between not liking someone's policies and despising the person. Kim is a dictator, which is the North Koreans' problem. But he isn't crazy and is mostly concerned with the wellbeing of his people, even if he does it in a manner we dislike.
Funny way of showing concern for his people - by starving them.
He is facing a ruthless power which never accepts anything but total surrender, so we must have at least some sympathy for his predicament. He is one of the rare politicians who has dared to face up to US aggressiveness and seems to have found a way to neutralize the hegemon.
Most people believe that the US is in S Korea to protect S Korea from N Korean aggression. They are still determined to conquer the south under their system that you claim you dislike. S Korea is a democracy and the government abides by the wishes of its people who ultimately decide if the US stays or goes. The Philippines told the US to go and they went.
I don't like his political system but I admire his courage and intelligence in dealing with the most hateful power since nazi Germany. Without firing a single shot, he may be about to have US presence in Korea reduced to a token presence. I wish we could achieve that much in Europe.
The US presence is already at a token level. It only has 35,000 soldiers in South Korea as compared to more than 1,000,000 active North Korean soldiers. Clearly, the US presence is no threat to N Korea.
We saw today in Korea two true statesmen discussing matters of common concern, without the interference of any third party. The results are there to see: a formal end to the Korean war, cooperation on most fields, a desire to bring together the two nations. Unfortunately we are still going to have a meeting between Kim and Trump, and we may be sure that Trump will do his utmost to torpedo any aggreement between the two Korean states. Trump is going to try to make it look as if he has forced Kim to negotiate - when negotiations were the exclusive responsibility of Kim and Moon - and, by so doing, he may force Kim to leave the talks with Trump. Trump will demand things that he knows Kim cannot accept so that the US will be able to continue having a military force in South Korea. Hopefully Kim and Moon will then decide to go on on their own, and sign a peace treaty that will normalize the relations between the two states. Without the US.

Post Reply