SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:00 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:30 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:25 am
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:08 am
In September 1939, some German soldiers dressed in Polish uniforms broke through the border with Germany, offering Hitler the excuse he needed to invade Poland and thus start WWII.

It seems the US is willing to use a similar trick, by accusing Syria of a non-existent attack with chemical weapons, in order to justify a war with Russia. But the US should remember how the nazi started war ended, and who forced a German surrender by occupying Berlin and destroyng most of Germany.
A more recent example were all the Russian Spetsnaz in fatigues with no insignia who were fighting the "civil war" in Eastern Ukraine.
The difference being they were fighting alongside ethnic Russians, their own kin...
The justifications differ, the subterfuge is the same.
Not at all. That wasn't a false flag operation, as Russians were playing the part of...Russians...
The claim from the Kremlin was that they weren't Russian military personnel, which was a lie.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Re: Trump is a dangerous moron

Post by Sertorio » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 am

What the British think about a missile attack on Syria

Poll.JPG
Poll.JPG (57.16 KiB) Viewed 2866 times

Alexis

Time to meditate on Sun Tzu's writings

Post by Alexis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:40 am

SteveFoerster

Re: Time to meditate on Sun Tzu's writings

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:28 am

It does seem awfully unlikely that Assad would have have gassed himself in the foot like that.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Re: Time to meditate on Sun Tzu's writings

Post by Sertorio » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:28 am
It does seem awfully unlikely that Assad would have have gassed himself in the foot like that.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Alexis

Tomi Lahren is blonde, pretty AND smart!

Post by Alexis » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 am

Here is the final proof - if is was needed - that contrary to stereotype, one can be a young, blonde, pretty woman AND be smart! :D

This is Tomi Lahren in a two minute passionate, common sense, informed and convincing plea for Trump to completely remove US troops from Syria and concentrate on America First.

'Remember, It's America First'
It’s time for Final Thoughts.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could remove Bashar Assad from power, unify Syria, keep ISIS and al-Qaeda out, and tame Iranian influence in the region?

It sure would. But this is the real world, and the LAST thing we should do is continue our involvement in another Mideast disaster.

Yes, the latest chemical attack in Syria was horrific, tragic and despicable. As Americans, we feel for the Syrian people. BUT, the hard truth is … this isn’t our battle. It’s not our war, and we will not win it.

Don’t get me wrong - we have the greatest fighting force on Earth in the U.S. military. But we can’t win a war when we don’t even know what victory looks like.

Overthrowing Assad doesn’t solve the problem; not even close. This conflict is less about overthrowing a savage dictator, and is now more about a struggle among branches of Islam that goes back more than a thousand years. How do we win that?

How many times will we keep sticking our fingers in the fire before we realize that spreading democracy in the Middle East does NOT work? How many times must we attempt to pick winners and losers in civil and tribal wars we do NOT understand?

We’ve given the so-called “moderate opposition” in Syria weapons, funding and training, Along with the support of however many American troops in Syria – one of whom was just recently killed there.

That’s the spilling of American blood, sweat and tears – and for what? So a year down the road those same U.S.-supplied weapons can be used against us? We’ve been down this road too many times. Enough is enough.

As a Christian, I of course feel for the victims in Syria. And I pray for them. But we have enough problems here at home. When are we going to put Americans first?

When are we going to fight for our own interests, and protect our own country? We’ve got crumbling infrastructure, an opioid crisis, veterans dying in the VA health care system, and a border that’s barely a border at all. How can we save the world when we can’t even save our own backyard?

It is my hope President Trump will stick to his plan, and pull us entirely out of Syria. Intervention has so far been the status quo, and this administration has certainly continued U.S. involvement.

But this president was elected to break the status quo. We have nothing to gain in Syria, and everything to lose. We cannot afford to lose more Americans in someone else’s unwinnable conflict. Period.

President Trump, please remember: It’s America First.

Those are my Final Thoughts. Feel free to disagree. From LA, God Bless and take care.

Jim the Moron

Re: Tomi Lahren is blonde, pretty AND smart!

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 am

Alexis wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 am
Here is the final proof - if is was needed - that contrary to stereotype, one can be a young, blonde, pretty woman AND be smart! :D

This is Tomi Lahren in a two minute passionate, common sense, informed and convincing plea for Trump to completely remove US troops from Syria and concentrate on America First.

'Remember, It's America First'
It’s time for Final Thoughts.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could remove Bashar Assad from power, unify Syria, keep ISIS and al-Qaeda out, and tame Iranian influence in the region?

It sure would. But this is the real world, and the LAST thing we should do is continue our involvement in another Mideast disaster.

Yes, the latest chemical attack in Syria was horrific, tragic and despicable. As Americans, we feel for the Syrian people. BUT, the hard truth is … this isn’t our battle. It’s not our war, and we will not win it.

Don’t get me wrong - we have the greatest fighting force on Earth in the U.S. military. But we can’t win a war when we don’t even know what victory looks like.

Overthrowing Assad doesn’t solve the problem; not even close. This conflict is less about overthrowing a savage dictator, and is now more about a struggle among branches of Islam that goes back more than a thousand years. How do we win that?

How many times will we keep sticking our fingers in the fire before we realize that spreading democracy in the Middle East does NOT work? How many times must we attempt to pick winners and losers in civil and tribal wars we do NOT understand?

We’ve given the so-called “moderate opposition” in Syria weapons, funding and training, Along with the support of however many American troops in Syria – one of whom was just recently killed there.

That’s the spilling of American blood, sweat and tears – and for what? So a year down the road those same U.S.-supplied weapons can be used against us? We’ve been down this road too many times. Enough is enough.

As a Christian, I of course feel for the victims in Syria. And I pray for them. But we have enough problems here at home. When are we going to put Americans first?

When are we going to fight for our own interests, and protect our own country? We’ve got crumbling infrastructure, an opioid crisis, veterans dying in the VA health care system, and a border that’s barely a border at all. How can we save the world when we can’t even save our own backyard?

It is my hope President Trump will stick to his plan, and pull us entirely out of Syria. Intervention has so far been the status quo, and this administration has certainly continued U.S. involvement.

But this president was elected to break the status quo. We have nothing to gain in Syria, and everything to lose. We cannot afford to lose more Americans in someone else’s unwinnable conflict. Period.

President Trump, please remember: It’s America First.

Those are my Final Thoughts. Feel free to disagree. From LA, God Bless and take care.
As good a concise argument for the US to get the hell out of Syria that I have heard. I'll bet Ms. Lahren would agree that the same should apply to all Islamic lands.

neverfail

Re: Trump is part of the problem...

Post by neverfail » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 am
What the British think about a missile attack on Syria

Poll.JPG
The British are wise.

Trump has no cogent strategy for Syria. His missile strikes seem to be nothing but isolated knee jerk reactions to events there that arouse his personal distaste.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Former head of Britain's special forces says Assad 'doesn't need to use gas' because he's 'already won the war'
By Mark Nichol For The Mail On Sunday

Major General Jonathan Shaw said: 'Why would Assad use chemical weapons at this time? He's won the war'

A former head of Britain's Special Forces has challenged Theresa May's claim that President Assad was behind the chemical attack in Douma.

Major General Jonathan Shaw said: 'Why would Assad use chemical weapons at this time? He's won the war.

'That's not just my opinion, it is shared by senior commanders in the US military. There is no rationale behind Assad's involvement whatsoever.

'He's convinced the rebels to leave occupied areas in buses. He's gained their territory. So why would he be bothering gassing them?

Speaking exclusively to The Mail on Sunday, the ex-SAS and Parachute Regiment commander added: 'The jihadists and the various opposition groups who've been fighting against Assad have much greater motivation to launch a chemical weapons attack and make it look like Assad was responsible.

'Their motivation being that they want to keep the Americans involved in the war – following Trump saying the US was going to leave Syria for other people to sort out.'

His views were echoed by Admiral Lord West, former head of the Royal Navy, who said: 'If I was advising President Assad, why would I say use chemical weapons at this point? It doesn't make any sense. But for the jihadist opposition groups I can see why they would.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-gas.html
This time it isn't RT or Sputnik...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 pm

It is certainly possible that one of the rebel groups did the chemical attack to trick Trump into remaining in Syria. The timing is suspicious. It came about just when Trump said he was thinking of pulling out of Syria.

I think he should still pull out.