Trump Wants Military Parade

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron

Trump Wants Military Parade

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:30 am

Sertorio

Re: Trump Wants Military Parade

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:57 am

I would love to see a North Korean style military parade in Washington, DC... :D

Alexis

I want a parade like the one in France

Post by Alexis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:57 am
I would love to see a North Korean style military parade in Washington, DC... :D
Nay Sertorio, if you read the link provided by Jim, it's not a NK-like parade than Trump has in mind. :)
"The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France," the military official said, according to the Post. "This is being worked at the highest levels of the military," the official added.

He saw people like these, but wants to see more of them. And not in Paris only, the show must go to Washington.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Sertorio wrote:
There are other countries he could look to for inspiration for this sort of wasteful display of militaristic nationalism.

Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:
There are other countries he could look to for inspiration for this sort of wasteful display of militaristic nationalism.

Those were exclusively special troops used only by NATO for instance in the Balkans or in Afghanistan, or by the UN in peace keeping missions in Africa. They are not used to project (non-existent) Portuguese power or to threaten anyone. And they have been very much praised by the people they were sent to protect, not having ever given rise to any complaints because of rape, murder or paedophilia, as has happened in countries which have had to put up with American, British or French troops...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Those were exclusively special troops used only by NATO for instance in the Balkans or in Afghanistan, or by the UN in peace keeping missions in Africa. They are not used to project (non-existent) Portuguese power or to threaten anyone. And they have been very much praised by the people they were sent to protect, not having ever given rise to any complaints because of rape, murder or paedophilia, as has happened in countries which have had to put up with American, British or French troops...
Holier than thou!

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:33 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:

Don't forget the Russian military parade:

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 pm
Sertorio wrote:

Holier than thou!
Just facts. Do facts bother you?... I wasn't the one who went mining the web for obscure videos of Portuguese troops to try to ridicule them...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:37 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 am
neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 pm
Sertorio wrote:

Holier than thou!
Just facts. Do facts bother you?... I wasn't the one who went mining the web for obscure videos of Portuguese troops to try to ridicule them...
1. It took ten seconds to find that.

2. It's not Portuguese troops who look ridiculous here.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:48 am

I don't mind a parade but it should be for an occasion, not for Trump.