Sertorio

Re: Trump Wants Military Parade

Post by Sertorio » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:29 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 am
I wish we could teleport the US to one of the moons of Saturn... :D
You could have wished only to teleport U.S. policymakers and their partners in the military-industrial complex. But then that wouldn't have been anti-American enough for you.
The US is a democracy. Policymakers were elected, and thus enjoy the support of the majority of the American people. But I would be delighted to exclude from teleportation the millions of citizens of the US who are capable, ethical and respectful of human rights. I would even be willing to welcome them in Portugal, presuming we could accomodate that many people... :D

SteveFoerster

Re: Trump Wants Military Parade

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:29 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 am
I wish we could teleport the US to one of the moons of Saturn... :D
You could have wished only to teleport U.S. policymakers and their partners in the military-industrial complex. But then that wouldn't have been anti-American enough for you.
The US is a democracy. Policymakers were elected, and thus enjoy the support of the majority of the American people.
The U.S. is an oligarchical republic in which the slate of candidates for federal office is carefully managed by entrenched interests. Put another way, the alligators come and go, but the swamp remains the same.
But I would be delighted to exclude from teleportation the millions of citizens of the US who are capable, ethical and respectful of human rights. I would even be willing to welcome them in Portugal, presuming we could accomodate that many people... :D
You're such a humanitarian! :lol:
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac