Post by neverfail » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:01 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm
never fail,
I hope you are having wonderful season?
Oh yes, I am - and thank you UA.
uche africanus wrote:
I am not an Israeli by citizenship but as a Christian,..
...and not being Jewish they would never permit you to become an Israeli citizen. For God's chosen only! :D

uche africanus wrote:
And since Judaism is nothing more than an African religion taken from Egypt by the initiate, Moses,...
Unm.....Abraham is supposed to have originated from Ur in Mesopotamia - which is supposed to be in Asia, not Africa. He and his descendents then lived for generations in the land of Canaan; also in Asia. They were allegedly believers in the one true god even then. As for Egypt; like other Africans these were pagans who believed in a multitude of gods. So if the Hebrew forebears of the latter-day Jews (named after Judea - the region around Jerusalem) emerged from Egyptian bonbage still as believers in the one supreme God then it stands to reason that it was despite, not because of, their exposure to Egyptian ways.

By the way; nice try at attempting to bump up the historic importance of Africa, but as you can see I don't buy it.
uche africanus wrote:
But l recognize bullshit when l see one. At least, l like to think that l do.
So do I, Uche. So do I!

T.
uche africanus wrote:
ake Hezbollah for example. That organization is not only a political or resistance group, it is also a criminal enterprise. They are also into heavy counterfeiting of the U S dollar. But they have been doing these activities since 1982. There have been successful U S administrations who know this of the group and made the choice to do nothing. Now, this article wants to convince us that doing nothing to stop Hezbollah's criminal activities is Obama's fault.
If Hezbollah is counterfeiting US dollars then that is America's problem, not my country's.

uche africanus

Re: The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

Post by uche africanus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 am

neverfail,

Thanks for your reply. Abraham was a man of faith and for that he was loved by G-d. But Abraham did not give the Jews a religion. It was Moses who turned Abraham descendants into a congregation. Now, you see my early claim that Moses was an initiate into an African religion is foundered on fact and not as you mistakenly believed, on a triumphalism.

Moses was not the first to believe in a one, undivided God. Akhenaten, who ruled Egypt for 17 years in 14 century BC abolished the complex gods of Egyptian pagan religion. Jews, like other congregants have struggled with the belief in a singular, ominopotent God. Even during their exit from Egypt, they raised a golden calf to worship despite the remarkable presence of G-d’s power of miracles in extricating them from Egypt. Moses witnessed this horror when he descended from Mount Sinai with G-d’s commandments.

Prophet Ezra felt compelled to restore the religion of Moses following the Babylonian exile because he believed and rightfully so that the religion had been tainted with pagan influences. The name Moses is an Egyptian honorific title for one who has been initiated. The same as Thutmoses.

Even Christianity arose out of Neoplatonism and strengthened itself by borrowing pagan ideas. As the Apostle Paul said, everything that needed to be in place for the coming of the sovereignty of Christ was already in place. The ways of G-d are mysterious, my dear neverfail.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:27 am

There's an irony in that those who have the most difficulty with Christianity's pagan antecendents wish to dismiss and 'debunk' Christian faith entirely. He does a good job laying out the historical background, however:

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:38 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 am
neverfail,

Thanks for your reply. Abraham was a man of faith and for that he was loved by G-d. But Abraham did not give the Jews a religion. It was Moses who turned Abraham descendants into a congregation. Now, you see my early claim that Moses was an initiate into an African religion is foundered on fact and not as you mistakenly believed, on a triumphalism.

Moses was not the first to believe in a one, undivided God. Akhenaten, who ruled Egypt for 17 years in 14 century BC abolished the complex gods of Egyptian pagan religion. Jews, like other congregants have struggled with the belief in a singular, ominopotent God. Even during their exit from Egypt, they raised a golden calf to worship despite the remarkable presence of G-d’s power of miracles in extricating them from Egypt. Moses witnessed this horror when he descended from Mount Sinai with G-d’s commandments.

Prophet Ezra felt compelled to restore the religion of Moses following the Babylonian exile because he believed and rightfully so that the religion had been tainted with pagan influences. The name Moses is an Egyptian honorific title for one who has been initiated. The same as Thutmoses.

Even Christianity arose out of Neoplatonism and strengthened itself by borrowing pagan ideas. As the Apostle Paul said, everything that needed to be in place for the coming of the sovereignty of Christ was already in place. The ways of G-d are mysterious, my dear neverfail.
All right, have it your way UA! The important thing is that they arrived at the truth: though centuries of helotry in a land that was not their own seems a heavy price to have paid for that awareness. But then, that seems to sum up the historic experience of the chosen people over the centuries.
.......................................................................................................

You may be pleased to know that I now accept that ancient Egyptian culture was very likely African in its roots. However, there are "Africans" and then there are Africans. I have every reason to believe that Egypt's buildup from obscurity into one of the World's earliest, and most illustrious, high agrarian civilisations has a lot ot do with its "favoured" location at the northeastern extremity of the continent where it interfaces with (respectively) the Asiatic Middle East and the Mediterranean Sea.

It meant that, like ancient Canaan/Israel, Lebanon and Syria and for the same reason, it was able during times of prolonged peace, to profit richly from a three-way cross-continental commerce and trade. Historically, market place entrepots like that have been meeting places where news, gossip, rumors and ideas have exchanged and cross-fertilised one another. Unfortunately, such regions have also historically been arenas of turbulence where trade routes easily turn into invasion routes and paths for mass-migration.

So whilst I concede that the original Egyptian Old Kingdom was likely native African; with the collapse of that order into unspeakable chaos (for reasons that are still not entirely clear); invaders from the Asiatic Middle East (equipped with horse drawn war chariots as a new war-making technology) subsequently moved in and ruthlessly fashioned a new order that bore their hallmark as much as that of the earlier occupants of the lower Nile. In the process that likely drove a lot of survivors as refugees further up the Nile Valley. Their places were likely filled by immigrants from the Asiatic Middle East of whom the Hebrews might have been one of several. Ever since then Egypt's ties, civilisational and otherwise, with this region along with the broader Mediterranean, seems to have been consistently stronger than its ties with sub-Sahara Africa.

Meantime, whilst all of this historic high drama was going on along Africa's northern rim, south of the Sahara Africa, lacking these advantages and the cross-cultural influences that flowed from it, seems to have remained one of the World's prehistoric backwaters: mired down in a dark ages without end.

Cheers! :)

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:43 pm

As it happens, Egypt over the centuries has been comfortably situated in Africa. Last time I checked, continental drift has not altered that reality. Please notify me if you hear otherwise.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:43 pm
As it happens, Egypt over the centuries has been comfortably situated in Africa. Last time I checked, continental drift has not altered that reality. Please notify me if you hear otherwise.
Not quite, Jim.

It so happens that part of Egypt's territorial domain is in Asia - the Sinai peninsula part. Always has been.

Egypt, I repeat, is and always has been the interface point between Africa and Asia.

The roots of their heritage might lie in Africa but the trunk, limbs and branches are decidedly west Asian.

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Many have speculated that Akhenaten had a lot to do with the founding of Judaism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenat ... _religions

Actually I am quite sympathetic to the idea that Akhenaten WAS Moses.

https://grahamhancock.com/moses-akhenat ... son-osman/

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Actually I am quite sympathetic to the idea that Akhenaten WAS Moses.

https://grahamhancock.com/moses-akhenat ... son-osman/
It may even be true Milo. But regardless of his origine Moses was arguably heaven sent to perform a mission.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:58 pm

In truth, Moses acted on his own, sans divine guidance.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:58 pm
In truth, Moses acted on his own, sans divine guidance.
He did what he was born to do Jim.