Tax plan raises taxes on liberal states and lowers them for the rest.

Discussion of current events
Doc

Re: Tax plan raises taxes on liberal states and lowers them for the rest.

Post by Doc » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:26 pm

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Ostroy backpedalled from his racist comment right away: https://www.thewrap.com/huffpost-ostroy ... ated-prop/
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:45 am

Doc wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:26 pm
I could not care a fruity ***k about Senator Tim Scott's skin colour. But reading the pains he had to go to to entice, cajole & etc other Senators to vote for the budget; I rolled my eyes to heaven and thought "what a way to get together support for the national budget" of all things. With such political indiscipline no wonder the Yanks can never keep their fiscal affairs in order. :(

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:45 am
Doc wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:26 pm
I could not care a fruity ***k about Senator Tim Scott's skin colour. But reading the pains he had to go to to entice, cajole & etc other Senators to vote for the budget; I rolled my eyes to heaven and thought "what a way to get together support for the national budget" of all things. With such political indiscipline no wonder the Yanks can never keep their fiscal affairs in order. :(
Yes, and it's the main reason we see such ridiculous rhetoric from US politics.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:32 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:52 pm
Ostroy backpedalled from his racist comment right away: https://www.thewrap.com/huffpost-ostroy ... ated-prop/
He took deleted his tweet yes The day before he he posted a photo of republicans with the comment that they were all white. He did not delete that Tweet. He is a demagogue
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:44 am

Milo wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 am
So it's "ingenious" to use the tax code to punish entire regions that don't agree with your politics? I think it's petty and rather stupid.

Of course it's not true, so not even wrong.
People that do not live in those states have been subsidizing them for decades.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 am
neverfail wrote:

Thanks Milo! I have often wondered about that.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:51 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 pm
Milo wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Oh please. Are you guys really pretending that politicians like Justin Trudeau or Boris Johnson or Jean-Claude Juncker are eminent sages who spout wisdom every time their mouths open, or that the U.S. is some sort of fiscal basket case when there's 4.1% unemployment and a GDP per capital of 57,466.79 USD? Hell, even the U-6 unemployment rate, which includes the unemployed, the underemployed, and the discouraged, is in the single digits. If you're going to be smug, you have to be able to back it up.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:34 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:51 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 pm
Milo wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Oh please. Are you guys really pretending that politicians like Justin Trudeau or Boris Johnson or Jean-Claude Juncker are eminent sages who spout wisdom every time their mouths open, or that the U.S. is some sort of fiscal basket case when there's 4.1% unemployment and a GDP per capital of 57,466.79 USD? Hell, even the U-6 unemployment rate, which includes the unemployed, the underemployed, and the discouraged, is in the single digits. If you're going to be smug, you have to be able to back it up.
It's not about wisdom it's about civility.

Some try to introduce shrill, American style rhetoric up here and you can read below how they were condemned so roundly for it, they backed off.

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/lock-he ... se-leader/

And it's not that Americans are uncivilized per se, just that their system is so frustrating that it ratchets up the rhetoric.