Glory hallelujah!

Discussion of current events
neverfail
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Glory hallelujah!

Post by neverfail » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm

The US constitution allegedly guarantees American citizens (sorry, I mean American taxpayers) two things:

1. freedom
and
2. The right to bear arms.

So it stands to reason (does it not?) that Devin Kelley, mass murderer at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he thought fit? :)

Jim the Moron
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm
The US constitution allegedly guarantees American citizens (sorry, I mean American taxpayers) two things:

1. freedom
and
2. The right to bear arms.

So it stands to reason (does it not?) that Devin Kelley, mass murderer at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he thought fit? :)
Puerile . . .

neverfail
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by neverfail » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm
The US constitution allegedly guarantees American citizens (sorry, I mean American taxpayers) two things:

1. freedom
and
2. The right to bear arms.

So it stands to reason (does it not?) that Devin Kelley, mass murderer at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he thought fit? :)
Puerile . . .
Nah, I don't think so! The right to own something implies the right to use it.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:04 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm
The US constitution allegedly guarantees American citizens (sorry, I mean American taxpayers) two things:

1. freedom
and
2. The right to bear arms.

So it stands to reason (does it not?) that Devin Kelley, mass murderer at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he thought fit? :)
Puerile . . .
Nah, I don't think so! The right to own something implies the right to use it.
Puerile

neverfail
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by neverfail » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm
Puerile
Well, thats what many people abroad would call that cult of firearms in your country fostered and spuriously legitimized by the Second Amendment (as distorted by practice in modern times from the original intention of its drafters) and stoked by the gun lobby in its own selfish interests. So my intentionally fatuous opening remark is appropriate to the topic; don't you think? :)

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by cassowary » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:35 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:04 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm
The US constitution allegedly guarantees American citizens (sorry, I mean American taxpayers) two things:

1. freedom
and
2. The right to bear arms.

So it stands to reason (does it not?) that Devin Kelley, mass murderer at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he thought fit? :)
Puerile . . .
Nah, I don't think so! The right to own something implies the right to use it.
You have the right to use firearms lawfully. Your legal logic goes like this . I have a penis. So I have the right to rape women.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 945
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm
The US constitution allegedly guarantees American citizens (sorry, I mean American taxpayers) two things:

1. freedom
and
2. The right to bear arms.

So it stands to reason (does it not?) that Devin Kelley, mass murderer at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he thought fit? :)
There are times when you've made good points that caused me to consider your position.

This is not one of those times.

Moreover, the U.S. constitution does in fact (supposedly) guarantee rights not only to citizens, but to everyone in the U.S. regardless of status, and since essentially everyone living in the U.S. is a taxpayer in one way or another, the distinction you made as a childish attempt at mockery actually makes what you said less inaccurate. So... congratulations, I guess.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 801
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by Milo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm
The US constitution allegedly guarantees American citizens (sorry, I mean American taxpayers) two things:

1. freedom
and
2. The right to bear arms.

So it stands to reason (does it not?) that Devin Kelley, mass murderer at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he thought fit? :)
There are times when you've made good points that caused me to consider your position.

This is not one of those times.

Moreover, the U.S. constitution does in fact (supposedly) guarantee rights not only to citizens, but to everyone in the U.S. regardless of status, and since essentially everyone living in the U.S. is a taxpayer in one way or another, the distinction you made as a childish attempt at mockery actually makes what you said less inaccurate. So... congratulations, I guess.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

That the 2nd Amendment, above, grants such rights is a politicized mockery of statutory interpretation.

neverfail
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by neverfail » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am


"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

That the 2nd Amendment, above, grants such rights is a politicized mockery of statutory interpretation.

Thanks Milo for that timely clarification.

Also: https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... er/272734/

Jim the Moron
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Glory hallelujah!

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Clarifications are always welcome. Still awaiting a clarification of "Devin Kelley . . . was merely exercising his freedom to use his lethal firearm as he saw fit . . ."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cassowary and 4 guests