Re: The Bells of Barcelona toll for Europe

Post by cassowary » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:52 pm

dagbay wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:03 am
cassowary wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:49 am
dagbay wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 pm
Catalans have allied with the growing Muslim community of that region. The Muslims are a substantial group that makes up up to 40% of the population of major cities. The Muslims get freedom to have their laws while the catalonia get the votes for separation. BUT the Muslims are in the game to restore Spain to Muslim rule (Andalus was the seat of the Califate) that predated their expulsion by Fernandez II and Isabela in 1492 and later the re-conquest period where the remaining muslims were forced to convert to Christianity (1502) creating the Mooriscus people who were clensed out of Spain about 100 years hence.
ISIS leader called it a priority to return Spain Andalusia to its Muslim roots.
If Catalans get further into a clash with Spain look for the Muslims of Andalusia which are increasing in numbers by the day to claim their "homeland". Remember that any area once ruled by Islam remains Islamic land forever according to Sharia.
VEry True. Muslims want to reconquer Spain. The Catalans must stay united with fellow Christians and not ally themselves with the Muslims.

Fernando and Isabela are my favorite Spanish monarchs.
From recorded history Isabela was a bit harsh and vindictive with the Muslims... after their failed rebellion her position became the basis for their expulsion.
A wise move. Spain was weak. The Ottomans were strong. Having a fifty column in Spaid is asking for an invasion by the Ottomans. By the way, Andalucia also did the same to Christians when they felt insecure. They expelled Christians to N Africa as a precaution against the Reconquista many times. By the time, Granada fell, there were no more Christian dhimmis left.

All the above information was from the book, "The Myth of an Andalucian Paradise."

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Looks like the bells are tolling in Brazil!

Brazilians in the south asked to vote on secession
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-41541063

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:59 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Let me guess. The Brazilians in the South are the richer ones, right? They are tired of subsidizing the others? Is it the Catalonia situation again?

Alexis

Fashionable - and few

Post by Alexis » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:09 am

Milo wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:46 pm

These guys are definitely up to the latest fashion... :roll:

I don't know Brazil, but I suspect this won't go very far. The three States in question - Parana, Santa Carina and Rio Grande dol Sun - total about 30 million people... while last year's similar vote garnered a total of 617,500 people bothering to vote, with 95% for independence.

IOW, less than 3% of the adult population of those States want independence :) :lol:

---

Yes, I am fashionable!

(and not ridiculous at all)