Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:33 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:23 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:33 pm
Doc wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Well glad the Kremlin thinks that. However I think it laughable.
It's not the Kremlin, it is Dr. Loretta Napoleoni, an Italian journalist, who was a Fulbright scholar at Johns Hopkins University's Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, D.C. and a Rotary Scholar at the London School of Economics (LSE).[2] She has a M.Phil. in Terrorism Studies from the University of East London, and a Master's in International Relations from SAIS.
Sputnik news is the kremlin
Your obsession with the source of news makes you ignore the facts being reported. Any objective analysis of North Korea is set aside if it published by a Russian medium rather than a western one. But you forget that western media is incapable and unwilling to publish any objective analysis of that "hated" country... In other words, you are a more than willing victim of propaganda and fake news...
I understand that currently there are 100,000 people in concentration camps in North Korea even the children of people dis-favored by his regime. . That Kim Un Jong uses WMD in airports to commit murder of dis-favored family members. That KIm Jong UN has let his people be forced to eat grass for lack of food rather than to behave in a responsible manner on the world stage.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Sertorio

Re: North Korea

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:18 pm

I understand that currently there are 100,000 people in concentration camps in North Korea even the children of people dis-favored by his regime. . That Kim Un Jong uses WMD in airports to commit murder of dis-favored family members. That KIm Jong UN has let his people be forced to eat grass for lack of food rather than to behave in a responsible manner on the world stage.
There are enough reliable reports - and I have already quoted a couple - that the economic situation in North Korea is stable, and that presently there is no hunger in the country. I don't know - and neither do you or anyone else - whether there are 100,000 political prisoners in NK. I doubt it, but even if there are "only" 10,000 it's 10,000 too many. The point is that North Korean problems must be solved by them alone. Also NK is not an expansionist country - calls for reunification under the Kim regime is just propaganda for in house use -, and NK does not seriously threaten SK. On what concerns nuclear weapons, seeing the way the US threatens NK, I consider them a legitimate defense weapon. And there is absolutely no reason for the US, Russia, China, the UK, France, Pakistan, India and Israel to be allowed nuclear weapons, but not North Korea. I personaly feel a lot more threatened by the possible use of nuclear weapons by the US, than by their use by North Korea. After all, the US is the only country to ever having used nuclear weapons against a civilian population, and to have considered using them against a non-nuclear power - China - during the Korea War. North and South Korea may be on the way to fruitful negotiations, and the US must stop trying to undermine them.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:24 pm
Doc wrote:

There are enough reliable reports - and I have already quoted a couple - that the economic situation in North Korea is stable, and that presently there is no hunger in the country. I don't know - and neither do you or anyone else - whether there are 100,000 political prisoners in NK. I doubt it, but even if there are "only" 10,000 it's 10,000 too many. The point is that North Korean problems must be solved by them alone. Also NK is not an expansionist country - calls for reunification under the Kim regime is just propaganda for in house use -, and NK does not seriously threaten SK. On what concerns nuclear weapons, seeing the way the US threatens NK, I consider them a legitimate defense weapon. And there is absolutely no reason for the US, Russia, China, the UK, France, Pakistan, India and Israel to be allowed nuclear weapons, but not North Korea. I personaly feel a lot more threatened by the possible use of nuclear weapons by the US, than by their use by North Korea. After all, the US is the only country to ever having used nuclear weapons against a civilian population, and to have considered using them against a non-nuclear power - China - during the Korea War. North and South Korea may be on the way to fruitful negotiations, and the US must stop trying to undermine them.
THere is no question outside of propaganda that the Kim family is a brutal dictatorship.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:36 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:

THere is no question outside of propaganda that the Kim family is a brutal dictatorship.
Their business, not yours...

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:08 pm
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:

GIven the US is officially at war with North Korea and North Korea is threatening to annihilate the US it certainly is our business.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:47 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:02 pm

GIven the US is officially at war with North Korea and North Korea is threatening to annihilate the US it certainly is our business.
North Korea could never "annihilate" the US. North Korea developed nuclear weapons to defend itself from US aggression. To be effective all NK needs is to be able to destroy two or three major US cities. If the US stops threatening North Korea, stops trying to sabotage the current North Korea / South Korea talks, and takes its troops away from South Korea, there will be no danger of North Korea destroying any American city. The regime question is strictly for North Koreans to solve, when they feel strongly enough about it.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am

Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:

That's only true for people who don't care about the suffering of their fellow humans.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:

That's only true for people who don't care about the suffering of their fellow humans.
I care but I reject the arrogance of those who think they are entitled to direct or command other people. Or who think they are the best judges of what is good for others. Even more so when those who want to command other peoples are Americans, whose shortcomings at home are such that make their arrogance most ridiculous.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:36 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:

I care but I reject the arrogance of those who think they are entitled to direct or command other people. Or who think they are the best judges of what is good for others. Even more so when those who want to command other peoples are Americans, whose shortcomings at home are such that make their arrogance most ridiculous.
In other words, you think it's more important to speak out against "American arrogance" than against the DPRK literally starving hundreds of thousands of North Koreans to death.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:47 am
Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:02 pm

North Korea could never "annihilate" the US. North Korea developed nuclear weapons to defend itself from US aggression. To be effective all NK needs is to be able to destroy two or three major US cities. If the US stops threatening North Korea, stops trying to sabotage the current North Korea / South Korea talks, and takes its troops away from South Korea, there will be no danger of North Korea destroying any American city. The regime question is strictly for North Koreans to solve, when they feel strongly enough about it.
Three nuclear atmospheric bursts is all that it would take. Of course that would be a death sentence execution for Kim Jong Un if he thought he could get away with it.