Asian rock group wins right to call themselves, "The Slants".

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Asian rock group wins right to call themselves, "The Slants".

Post by cassowary » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:31 am

Supreme Court says the government cannot refuse disparaging trademarks.
The ruling Monday is a win for an Asian-American rock band called the Slants and it gives a major boost to the Washington Redskins in their separate legal fight over the team name.
Honestly speaking, I find this whole thing so silly. It is a good example of "baizuoism."

If an Asian-American rock group wants to register a trademark calling themselves, "The Slants", what's wrong with that? Because of leftist miseducation by liberal professors in your universities, you have taken political correctness to ridiculous levels.

Self-confident people can laugh at themselves and don't get angry when they get insulted. They just shrug it off. It is the failures that become thin skinned. The super failures (you know who) are the ones who get violent at the slightest.

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Asian rock group wins right to call themselves, "The Slants".

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 pm

If you're coming out during the classic punk era, this wouldn't even come up on the radar. Classic hardcore grrls quartet, the:

Let's try this modelling exercise. Let's envision a world in a parallel universe somewhere let's say, where I'm right.........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:16 am

There was years ago even a country and Western music group known as Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. This is for real.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2005/08/22/lone-star

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:15 am

Thanks, n'fail. It's been years since I caught up with the Kinkster.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:39 am

Jim,

YOu do know who I was referring to when I talked about the super-failures, right?

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:25 am

Yes, cass, as a regular reader of your posts over the years, I know exactly to whom you are referring. It's interesting to reflect on how accomplished folks in now-Muslim lands were before Islam arrived - Sumer, Egypt, Persia, and, yes, the Srivijaya kingdom.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:25 am
Yes, cass, as a regular reader of your posts over the years, I know exactly to whom you are referring. It's interesting to reflect on how accomplished folks in now-Muslim lands were before Islam arrived - Sumer, Egypt, Persia, and, yes, the Srivijaya kingdom.
Islam does have a debilitating effect. Egypt was the breadbasket of the Roman empire. Today, it is a basket case. They are all basket cases.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:07 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:43 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:25 am
Islam does have a debilitating effect. Egypt was the breadbasket of the Roman empire. Today, it is a basket case. They are all basket cases.
This discussion has drifted off-topic. I think you guys might have the wrong slant on things.
:?
:idea:
:oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, sorry cassowary! No offense meant old fellow.
:lol:

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:18 am

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: