Attempted Assassination of House Majority Whip - The Madhouse isn't funny any more

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: Attempted Assassination of House Majority Whip - The Madhouse isn't funny any more

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 am

:? I don't see the point in trying to assassinate the House majority whip. Had he been killed they would just have elected another one to replace him. So what is the point? :?: :?: :?:

Doc

Re: Attempted Assassination of House Majority Whip - The Madhouse isn't funny any more

Post by Doc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:38 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 am
:? I don't see the point in trying to assassinate the House majority whip. Had he been killed they would just have elected another one to replace him. So what is the point? :?: :?: :?:
Angry children having a massive temper tantrum and stroke at the same time. When is there ever a real point to violence ? Particularly terrorism. The guy had a pointless life Now everybody knows his name, or will. If Scalise should die then maybe everybody knows his full name IE "Lee Harvey Oswald" "John Wilkes Booth" It is a kind of nihilist immortality. The guy stood his ground and shot it out with the police. So death by cop as well. With all the hate spewing from the left he probably thought he would be considered a hero by many. Looking at the reaction on Twitter that seems to be true. :evil:
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

Alexis

Words of wisdom from the President of the U.S.A.

Post by Alexis » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:02 am

Words of wisdom from President Trump
We may have our differences, but we do well, in times like these, to remember that everyone who serves in our nation’s capital is here because, above all, they love our country.

We can all agree that we are blessed to be Americans, that our children deserve to grow up in a nation of safety and peace, and that we are strongest when we are unified and when we work together for the common good.
Note 1 : When a good word is uttered, even by somebody one usually opposes or even despises, it is in good form to signal agreement

Note 2 : Donald J. Trump, for better or for worse, has been elected president by the American people. Taking part to an election means agreeing in advance to be bound by its result and recognize its legitimacy, even if one happens to have voted for the losing side, even if one happens to despise and passionately oppose the victor. When the legitimate president of one's country issues a call for national unity beyond differences, it is in good form to agree with him on that - if on nothing else

Note 3 : If I'm not wrong, the count of U.S. civil wars is presently at one (1). It would be better to keep it that way. Just sayin'...

I leave y'all American citizens standing to attention, listen to the national anthem, salute the flag, and remember that you love your fellow Americans even those darn rightists / leftists. :P

Then, and only then, you can resume your quarrels, to your heart's content. :mrgreen:

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:25 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 am
Political assassination only makes sense - putting ethical issues aside - if it is done wholesale. Killing one politician, even a President, is pointless. Killing 50 senators or 200 members of the House would have political results. Terrorists, because they are morons, think that killing thousands of innocent civilians is worthwhile. It isn't. But killing 50 or 100 federal politicians or heads of major corporations, would be effective. It always surprised me that terrorist organizations have not understood this. Is it difficult to kill 50 senators? Certainly, but one wouldn't have to do it all in one day... Good I am not a leader of a terrorist organization... :twisted:

Alexis

Post by Alexis » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:19 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:25 am
Political assassination only makes sense - putting ethical issues aside - if it is done wholesale. Killing one politician, even a President, is pointless. Killing 50 senators or 200 members of the House would have political results.
"Yes indeed! My doctrine exactly!" - said the man

Хорошо Серторё, хорошо (*)

Obviously, when you kill politicians in droves, you might have to kill a few millions people more to round it up, e.g. supporters of those politicians. That's what is technically called a "civil war".

But Mr Vladimir understood that “You cannot make a revolution in white gloves.”

Side note: not all bearded guys agree with Vladimir on that ;)

(*) Good, Sertorio, good

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:03 am

Alexis wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:19 am

Obviously, when you kill politicians in droves, you might have to kill a few millions people more to round it up, e.g. supporters of those politicians. That's what is technically called a "civil war".
Not really. Few people nowadays would be willing to fight for any politicians... More likely they would make haste to tell you where they would be hiding so that you could get them more quickly... :twisted:

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:05 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:29 pm
If terrorists in the US start targetting politicians rather than innocent people, they may get a bit more sympathy from around the world... :twisted:
They will get less sympathy here. Presidents Lincoln and Kennedy were killed by terrorists.
I have the feeling there are quite a few people who aren't sad at all about a Republican Congressman getting shot, and just know better than publicly to admit it. This is not a criticism of Democrats, though, because I think in the reverse case the same would be true.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:44 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:05 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:29 pm
If terrorists in the US start targetting politicians rather than innocent people, they may get a bit more sympathy from around the world... :twisted:
They will get less sympathy here. Presidents Lincoln and Kennedy were killed by terrorists.
I have the feeling there are quite a few people who aren't sad at all about a Republican Congressman getting shot, and just know better than publicly to admit it. This is not a criticism of Democrats, though, because I think in the reverse case the same would be true.
I disagree with he last bit. Obama was president for 8 years I don't recall anything remotely like this.
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 am

I wonder why he was allowed to get a gun?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am

Milo wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 am
I wonder why he was allowed to get a gun?
To defend himself! Hopefully from criminally insane politicians from both parties...