The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Discussion of current events
Booklady

The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Booklady » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:29 pm

:lol: :lol: The Comey and MSM Russian Tag Team Act remind me of the old Keystone Cops, running around like headless chickens looking for Golden Showers. How stupid has it all been. Mang!

Comeytose State
by Mark Steyn
Steyn on America
June 10, 2017\
[Snip] As everyone more sentient than an earthworm should know by now, "the Russia investigation" is Deep State dinner-theatre. I wrote a while back that, in today's Hollywood, what Hitchcock used to call "the MacGuffin" - the pretext that sets the caper afoot, the secret papers, the microfilm - has degenerated into a MacNuffin: there's no longer even a pretense that these stories are about anything. The "Russia investigation" is the ne plus ultra of MacNuffins, so smoothly transferred from Los Angeles to Washington that one vaguely suspects some studio vice-prez who bundled for Hillary came up with the idea as a reality-show pilot that accidentally bust out of the laboratory.

How do we know there's no there there? Well, consider Marco Rubio's question to Comey:

Rubio marveled at how many leaks have occurred during the Trump-Russia investigation, saying "we've learned more from the newspapers sometimes than we do from our open hearings."

"Do you ever wonder why, of all the things in this investigation, the only thing that's never been leaked is the fact that the president was not personally under investigation, despite the fact that Democrats and Republicans and the leadership of Congress knew that and have known that for weeks?" he asked.

It seems Comey doesn't ever "wonder" about it, being too busy - like everybody else - leaking stuff himself. The leaks, as have often been pointed out, are the only actual crimes here.

But Rubio's right: Trump is not "under investigation". That's a significant fact, and the only unleaked fact. Everything else leaks non-stop: Someone who met with someone who once worked for Trump in some hotel near Trump Tower two months before he launched his campaign once had business dealings with someone who knows a Kazakh oligarch who used to be close to someone close to Putin...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[SNIP]
As is now plain, it's a "Russia investigation" because Russia is the easiest MacNuffin. Anything else is too complicated: If Trump were alleged to be an agent of the ayatollahs or Kim Jong-Un, that would place it too close to the real world of actual geopolitical concerns. But "Russia" is just the generic Cold War bad guy from byzantine double-agent plots like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, New York Real Estate Developer.

The real scandal here is that the vast all-seeing permanent bureaucracy is investigating its political opponents - for no good reason, only for a general fishing expedition. The "Russia investigation" is a misnomer for what it really is: a domestic investigation of US citizens without any probable cause. They've come up empty, or you'd know it by now.

5) So what exactly has "the Russia investigation" been investigating for over a year now? Aside from arseholing around at taxpayer expense leaking the identities of US citizens they've improperly surveilled, what the hell do they do all day, every day, for months on end?

If that's not a crime, it ought to be. But we do know that, whether or not the surveillance is improper, the leaks therefrom are certainly a crime. Yet they're now such an ingrained habit at the FBI that the lads occasionally forget themselves and leak stuff that's nothing to do with "the Russia investigation" - like the Manchester bombing info shared by the Brits that Theresa May got so mad about. Being flattered by ideologically simpatico journalists as an "unnamed source" can become addictive. Nevertheless, it's damaging US credibility with allied intelligence services, and that will have consequences.

A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

neverfail

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am

Booklady, Why do you go to such great pains to defend a disreputable character like Trump?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:51 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am
Booklady, Why do you go to such great pains to defend a disreputable character like Trump?
Maybe she is thankful that Trump has kept Hillary away from the White Hose... I know I am... :twisted:

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:19 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:51 am
neverfail wrote:
Maybe she is thankful that Trump has kept Hillary away from the White Hose... I know I am... :twisted:
Which does not mean you have to go into a state of denial over Trump's possible, even likely culpability.

Hillary Clinton's sins do not exonerate Donald trump of his.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 am

Unlike neverfail, some of us actually read the Steyn article and found that is was about the inept "domestic investigation of US citizens without any probable cause," and not about defending the "disreputable" Trump.

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:50 pm

neverfail wrote:
Great pains? Posting Stein's article required no great pain at all, :D , and what facts he presented were true. Or do you question these? The only one was an opinion, the description of "Gummi" I mean that is unproven. :lol:
But Comey is a "worm" of the first order. Truly, he's an invertebrate, has no back bone . Just listen to him describe the seamy side of his character. A scumbag of the first order.

You hate Trump, let me ask you, why? Is it the fact that he's not a globalist who would further the Globalist latest nightmare , the Trans Pacific Partnership agreement? Or the transfer of wealth program, from U.S. taxpayer's (me) pockets, to the pockets of truly despicable world politicians, via that singularly stupid, Paris Agreement?

Trump may be disreputable, but let me ask you, who in government in the West, or elsewhere, running a country as complex as this isn't? They are all disreputable, the difference is to the degree, and certainly compared to Obama and Clinton, IMHO, as a voter, and as an American, Trump's smell is less disreputable.

And right now, he has fulfilled my major expectation of him, yes, Sertorio is correct. :D HE'S NOT HILLARY CLINTON.
:mrgreen:

I'll say it again, for it bears repeating, feel free to believe whatever the heck you want, just don't expect me to agree with you. ;)

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:54 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:19 am
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Which does not mean you have to go into a state of denial over Trump's possible, even likely culpability.

Culpable of what? What has he done? Any sensible person with an ounce of common sense is asking this question.

Collusion with the Russians? That is Fake News. There was no investigation because the FBI and the CIA already have said that there is no THERE, there.

So what is he culpable of, can you state this?

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 am
Unlike neverfail, some of us actually read the Steyn article and found that is was about the inept "domestic investigation of US citizens without any probable cause," and not about defending the "disreputable" Trump.
Exactly. Well said.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Booklady wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:54 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Culpable of what? What has he done? Any sensible person with an ounce of common sense is asking this question.

Collusion with the Russians? That is Fake News. There was no investigation because the FBI and the CIA already have said that there is no THERE, there.

Sorry! One glance and it looked like just another "posthumous" slagging attempt of the memory of the Obama administration.

"Hate"? I do not hate Trump. It is just that the man scares me.

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:28 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:25 pm
Booklady wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:54 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Sorry! One glance and it looked like just another "posthumous" slagging attempt of the memory of the Obama administration.

"Hate"? I do not hate Trump. It is just that the man scares me.
Sure you do, neverfail, you never fail to share the hate, actions speak louder than words, read your posts. :lol: :lol: So tell, why do you hate him? After all, he's not your president.