Discussion of current events
Booklady

Re: The 6'8" Gummi Worm

Post by Booklady » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Booklady wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:50 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am
Booklady, Why do you go to such great pains to defend a disreputable character like Trump?
Great pains? Posting Stein's article required no great pain at all, :D , and what facts he presented were true. Or do you question these? The only one was an opinion, the description of "Gummi" I mean that is unproven. :lol:
But Comey is a "worm" of the first order. Truly, he's an invertebrate, has no back bone . Just listen to him describe the seamy side of his character. A scumbag of the first order.

You hate Trump, let me ask you, why? Is it the fact that he's not a globalist who would further the Globalist latest nightmare , the Trans Pacific Partnership agreement? Or the transfer of wealth program, from U.S. taxpayer's (me) pockets, to the pockets of truly despicable world politicians, via that singularly stupid, Paris Agreement?

Trump may be disreputable, but let me ask you, who in government in the West, or elsewhere, running a country as complex as this isn't? They are all disreputable, the difference is to the degree, and certainly compared to Obama and Clinton, IMHO, as a voter, and as an American, Trump's smell is less disreputable.

And right now, he has fulfilled my major expectation of him, yes, Sertorio is correct. :D HE'S NOT HILLARY CLINTON.
:mrgreen:

I'll say it again, for it bears repeating, feel free to believe whatever the heck you want, just don't expect me to agree with you. ;)
So, share, why?
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Booklady wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:28 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:25 pm

"Hate"? I do not hate Trump. It is just that the man scares me.
Sure you do, neverfail, you never fail to share the hate, actions speak louder than words, read your posts. :lol: :lol: So tell, why do you hate him? After all, he's not your president.
No Booklady, accusing me of hate is attributing to me motives that I assure you I do not have.

Re-read my posts and see that they are meant as constructive criticism, not hate mail. Then re-read your own and see the clear bias against one side of US politics.

No! He is not my president. He is president of a many times more powerful country than my own that can inflict a lot more harm on the World at large than any political leader of my own country possibly could.

For that reason the character of whoever becomes POTUS is and remains EVERYONE'S concern worldwide - not just the business of US voters. This current turkey-in-chief, as far as impulsiveness and immaturity goes, makes every past US president I can recall, including the most recent, look good by comparison.

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:58 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:33 pm
Re-read my posts and see that they are meant as constructive criticism, not hate mail.
So that's how you define hate as constructive criticism, :lol: :lol: I would hate to see what you call critical commentary. :mrgreen:

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 am

Booklady wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:58 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:33 pm
Re-read my posts and see that they are meant as constructive criticism, not hate mail.
So that's how you define hate as constructive criticism,... . :mrgreen:
:o No, I don't BL. You do!

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:34 am

Booklady wrote:

Sure you do, neverfail, you never fail to share the hate, actions speak louder than words, read your posts. :lol: :lol: So tell, why do you hate him? After all, he's not your president.
I don't know about neverfail, but my feelings about Trump have to do with the fact that he is capable and willing to force my government doing things which are bad for us. He is a bully - albeit a foreign bully - and we are the victims of his bullying. I believe we could resist him, but our governments do not seem to be able to do it... Maybe they have personally much to lose if they do...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:34 am
Booklady wrote:

I don't know about neverfail, but my feelings about Trump have to do with the fact that he is capable and willing to force my government doing things which are bad for us. He is a bully - albeit a foreign bully - and we are the victims of his bullying. I believe we could resist him, but our governments do not seem to be able to do it... Maybe they have personally much to lose if they do...
My dominant feeling is pity for the very inadequate man who is palpably out of his depth in the job he so actively campaigned for. Pity tinged with dread in that he is potentially quite dangerous for that very reason.

Yet it seems that our Prime Minister, who (unlike me) has met the guy, can see the funny side of things:

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/ ... wrvos.html

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:02 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 am
My dominant feeling is pity for the very inadequate man who is palpably out of his depth in the job he so actively campaigned for. Pity tinged with dread in that he is potentially quite dangerous for that very reason.
I don't feel any pity for someone who sought power over others, but I agree with you that his incompetence renders him actively dangerous. He's the proverbial dog who caught the car and has no idea what to do with it.

Fortunately for the U.S., its longterm allies seem resigned to wait Trump out and resume normal relationships once his (presumably more normal) successor is in place.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:45 am

Sertorio wrote:
Booklady wrote:

What has Trump done or forced Portugal to do?
Let me ask you, is it Trump specifically, or any American President pushing his agenda that worries you?

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:54 am

neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Booklady wrote:

Yet it seems that our Prime Minister, who (unlike me) has met the guy, can see the funny side of things:

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/ ... wrvos.html
Then you should be pleased that Trump won. Hillary Clinton was costing you lots of taxpayer money, between $75 and $ 88 million; imagine after four years of Hillary you guys would go broke. :lol:
Australia ceases multimillion-dollar donations to controversial Clinton family charities

There you go, even a squiggly politician like Turnbull isn't afraid of a "carnival barker," like Trump. :mrgreen:

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:02 am
neverfail wrote:
I don't feel any pity for someone who sought power over others, but I agree with you that his incompetence renders him actively dangerous. He's the proverbial dog who caught the car and has no idea what to do with it.

Fortunately for the U.S., its longterm allies seem resigned to wait Trump out and resume normal relationships once his (presumably more normal) successor is in place.

That is the common sense approach. One has to view the POTUS philosophically, Trump is just another of our long string of POTUS'. Some we yearn for, some we hope to soon forget. Every four years there is an election, and every two years a president can lose his support. Of course, Trump doesn't have even that.

The Left needs to chill, and find out how it was possible for a "carnival barker," inexperienced, and not a professional politician, to run a successful campaign against them, and win. :|