No Laughing Matter: The Manchester Bomber is the Spawn of Hillary and Barack’s Excellent Libyan Adventure

Discussion of current events
Booklady

No Laughing Matter: The Manchester Bomber is the Spawn of Hillary and Barack’s Excellent Libyan Adventure

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:34 pm

No Laughing Matter: The Manchester Bomber is the Spawn of Hillary and Barack’s Excellent Libyan AdventureMay 29,2017 Jim Kavanah

NOTA BENE: To those of you who have not heard of this periodical, CounterPunch, note that its focus is solid left wing. It's moto is: "Fearless Muckraking since 1993," from a progressive, radical-left point-of-view.

I wanted to share this so that you would not think that this provocative article was coming from a far-right website or periodical. It deals with a topic much in discussion lately on this board, and specifically with the Manchester Bomber.

The jihadi attackers in Mali and the jihadi bomber in Manchester were direct products—not accidental by-products, but deliberately incubated protégés—of American-British-French-NATO regime change in Libya, a project that was executed by the Obama administration and spearheaded by Hillary Clinton.
It's a bit long, so I have snipped the first fourteen paragraphs and have included the last section.
[SNIP]

Throughout this nefarious chain of destruction, nobody in the world has committed worse crimes than all the “humanitarian” liberals in and out of government who have enacted and/or gone along with the imperialist chaos program of destroying relatively prosperous and secular societies in the Arab and Muslim world, and replacing them with sectarian jihadi playgrounds. And no force in the world is more responsible for the rampaging jihadi wolves, lone and in packs, than the United States and its compliant allies, including Great Britain.

Whether any American liberal wants to or not, anyone who is mourning Manchester needs to hear it said: We’re crying over the horror in Manchester today because yesterday Hillary Clinton was laughing about the horror she inflicted on Libya –including the killing of Ghaddafi by those protected Salafist proxies who sodomized him with a bayonet: “We came. We saw. He died. [big smile, joyous laugther]” Yes, exactly that.

Ha, Ha. Maybe she can get a gig in a comedy club in Manchester.

Really, knowing what we do about Libya through to Manchester, does any of the outrageous things we’ve from Trump equal the despicableness of Hillary’s perverse glee in this video? It’s an image not to be forgotten.

I’m sure that our current president, if he’s given the time—and, if he’s not, some other Republican or Democrat—will meet or exceed the high standards that have been set, but Donald Trump has not yet come near committing the series of crimes for which Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama (following the precedent of five previous American administrations) are responsible. These crimes produced the twin horrors of imperialist and jihadi chaos, of which the destruction of the Libyan state was one egregious example, and the killing of young concertgoers in Manchester another. This represents a deep, persistent bipartisan policy that is much more important and difficult to confront than the question of which front man or woman will be selling it.

Manchester is the latest iteration of a scenario we’ve gone through so many times now, like some groundhog-day dream. At the end of my post two years ago, I was urging and hoping that Americans would wake up. But a lot of American liberals and lefties, including Berniebots, still like to imagine there’s a political space they can inhabit called Progressive Except Imperialism. There isn’t. Imperialism with Social Security and Medicare and Obamacare—even single-payer healthcare—is imperialism, and it’s reactionary and supremacist. Equal-opportunity imperialism is imperialism. African-American, women, Latinx, or LGBTQ presidents, generals, and drone operators do not make it any less criminal, or dangerous, or any less inevitably erosive of all those cherished progressive domestic programs.

Ignoring or putting aside what the U.S. does in Libya, or Iraq, or Syria, or Palestine because…Trump! The Republicans! is ignoring a fundamental element of a progressive politics as well as an immediate danger to the country. One can do it, but those who do, can’t claim to be seriously confronting the horrors of a tragedy like Manchester, no matter how many tears they shed.

I’m afraid that is where we’re stuck. The absurdity of Trump is drawing more well-meaning people into the flames of nostalgia for an imaginary Democratic copasetic state that disappeared on January 20th. The #Resistance can’t even get its act together for single-payer healthcare—the easiest sell imaginable; it’s not only avoiding the more contentious issues regarding American aggression in places like Libya and Syria, it’s succumbing to the dangerous, war-mongering, Russophobic program of the military-intelligence complex.

It’s still dream on, and I fear it will take a shock much greater than Manchester before Americans finally get the news.

A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.