Australian psychiatrist says terrorists are following the Koran

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Australian psychiatrist says terrorists are following the Koran

Post by cassowary » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:45 am

Muslim psychiatrists in Australia says terrorists are more devout than other Muslims and he is sick of the platitudes.
“There has been too much promotion of so called moderate voices of Islam who usually turn out be apologists for terrorism, desperate to dilute any link between terrorism and Islam and promoting a message of Muslim victimhood…It’s important we don’t tarnish all Muslims but people are just so sick of the platitudes and calls for tolerance, for unity and that Muslims are victims.”
Brave Muslim. How long more can he live?
In the wake of the United Kingdom’s third terrorist attack in 10 weeks, Dr Ahmed said the mainstream media and politicians also needed to acknowledge terrorists were following the Koran.

‘It’s grounded in scripture. People who commit terrorism, they are actually more devout than many other Muslims. Their actions don’t come out of thin air, they’re following strict instructions.
That's what I have been saying in this forum.
A Bangladeshi-born psychiatrist says the ABC plays a role in radicalising young Muslim teenagers by over emphasising how they are victims of discrimination.

Tanveer Ahmed, a cultural Muslim who moved to Australia when he was six, says the national broadcaster’s obsession with perceived Islamophobia was often counterproductive.
Yep. You have been getting fake news all along.

neverfail

Re: Australian psychiatrist says terrorists are following the Koran

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:16 pm

I Googled up references to Dr. Ahmed and found this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/ ... allegation

During his past career as a columnist/writer for two highly reputable newspapers he was twice sacked for plagiarism. Given that he demonstrated little integrity as a columnist, can we really trust the credibility of his published opinions on anything else?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Dr Ahmed was expressing his personal opinion. So the question of integrity does not arise. He probably comes from a culture where copying is not an offence.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:07 pm

C.G. Jung made the casual observation that defectors from structured ascetic faiths like Islam or Catholicism, tend towards secular atheism. Anti-ascetic strains tends towards sectarian fragmentation in the Protestant mode. Essentially a mature theosophic entity doesn't actually 'reform' - it either collapses entire or decays, and modern Christendom in her myriad congregational soddy bits - is in decay........
Let's try this modelling exercise. Let's envision a world in a parallel universe somewhere let's say, where I'm right.........

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:07 pm
C.G. Jung made the casual observation that defectors from structured ascetic faiths like Islam or Catholicism, tend towards secular atheism. Anti-ascetic strains tends towards sectarian fragmentation in the Protestant mode. Essentially a mature theosophic entity doesn't actually 'reform' - it either collapses entire or decays, and modern Christendom in her myriad congregational soddy bits - is in decay........
I believe that Islam is headed for a Manichean style collapse, relatively soon.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 pm
Dr Ahmed was expressing his personal opinion. So the question of integrity does not arise. He probably comes from a culture where copying is not an offence.
So why should I believe him then?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:20 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:07 pm
Islam is structured? :lol: Pull my other leg!

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:57 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 am
cassowary wrote:
Because opinions are not a matter of integrity.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:25 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:57 am

:shock: (Can I believe what I am reading?) :?

Does that include or exclude your own opinions Cassowary?

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:51 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:57 am
neverfail wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 am
cassowary wrote:
Honest relaying of one's opinions is, though, and that's functionally the same thing.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac