a mighty thump.

by an anonymous woman
(in my dreams.)

Jim the Moron

Re: Donald Trump must be impeached.

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Dr. Zaius wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:39 pm

You fools. Stop while you can. You hasten to your doom!
Meanwhile, as we hasten to our doom, could you please get that damn equine off the beach?

Dr. Zaius

Re: a Limerick.

Post by Dr. Zaius » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:55 pm
Dr. Zaius wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:39 pm

You fools. Stop while you can. You hasten to your doom!
Meanwhile, as we hasten to our doom, could you please get that damn equine off the beach?
Horses are Apes best friends now, Jim. Like you humans had your wolves. We intend to make the beach off-limits to the humans! They foul it where-ever they go!

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Dr Zaius.

Now what about this?

Darn old Trump,
groped my rump
and so I gave him
a mighty thump.

by an anonymous woman
(in my dreams.)
Notice I did not say that by tearing down the Great Orange Man, Man's Civilization crumbled. Reveal too much I already have.
You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself.

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:01 am

Trump-Russia inquiry: President 'probed for obstruction of justice'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40283036

Well Trump wanted the public told whether he is under investigation...

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:11 pm

In their quest to overthrow Trump, the Dems have switched to Plan B, since the intelligence community have provided no Trump/Russian connection, per Brennan and Comey. Plan B too, also looks likely to fail. But hey, it keeps them hoping and it keeps Trump Tweeting.

Ken Starr Bursts CNN’s Bubble; “No Obstruction Case Against Trump From What I’ve Seen”
With the ‘Russian collusion’ case against the Trump administration all but dead, the mainstream media has shifted their full attention to now building an obstruction of justice case against the White House.  As such, CNN hosted Kenneth Starr, the independent counsel appointed in the 90’s to look into various Clinton scandals, including the Vince Foster death and Monica Lewinsky episode, this morning to get his thoughts on the topic.

CNN:  “Do you think there is a case there?”

Starr: “It’s too soon to tell. From what I’ve seen — and of course we don’t know a whole lot — the answer is no.  But it is going to be investigated and so we will soon know.”

“Obstruction of justice is really a very hard crime to make out.  It’s not just you want the investigation to go away, you suggest that the investigation goes away.  You’ve got to take really affirmative action and Director Comey said in his testimony that even though the expression was hope, he took it as a directive.”

“But what we know is, he didn’t do anything about it, right? That is that he did not dismiss the investigation or curtail the investigation. There’s an expression of hope, so it becomes an interpretation.”

Of course, the incredulous CNN anchor was simply unwilling to accept that Trump may be innocent of high crimes and pressed further by asking whether Comey would have had to ‘obey’ Trump’s suggestion to drop the Flynn investigation in order to be guilty of obstruction. 

Starr: 
“We’re going to the intent of what is it that the President had in mind?  He was expressing, his literal language was ‘hope.’  And, I think that redounds to the benefit of the President.  That to me, just the language, is far removed from a directive.” 

“My point is, the Director of the FBI then didn’t act on that.  He rather just continued as before and reported and memorialized it.  But he did not then say, ‘ok, ladies and gentlemen of the FBI, we’re getting rid of this investigation at the direction of the President.”

And, while CNN aired the most ‘convenient’ 10 seconds of Comey’s testimony, they failed to mention the following interaction from earlier in which Comey confirmed under oath that he’d never been asked to end an investigation for political purposes. 

He also said that any efforts to do so would be a “big deal.”  Therefore, to Ken Starr’s point, if Comey interpreted Trump’s comment on Flynn as a ‘directive’ then shouldn’t that have qualified as “a big deal” that he should have elevated immediately?
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:50 am

Not only that, Booklady ...

There is an important point that most people missed out. As Comey testified, a President has the constitutional given power to order the investigation to be dropped! This is confirmed by Alan Dershowitz, a Democrat and former professor from Harvard.
Comey confirmed that under our Constitution, the president has the authority to direct the FBI to stop investigating any individual.
He also has the power to pardon Flynn, in which case the investigation automatically stops. But he did neither.

So, if Trump has the power to stop the investigation of Flynn, how can there be an obstruction of justice?

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:28 pm

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:50 am

There is an important point that most people missed out. As Comey testified, a President has the constitutional given power to order the investigation to be dropped! This is confirmed by Alan Dershowitz, a Democrat and former professor from Harvard.
Comey confirmed that under our Constitution, the president has the authority to direct the FBI to stop investigating any individual.
He also has the power to pardon Flynn, in which case the investigation automatically stops. But he did neither.

So, if Trump has the power to stop the investigation of Flynn, how can there be an obstruction of justice?
The fact that the president has that power has nothing to do with whether he committed obstruction of justice.

If I am scheduled to have a boxing match with someone, am I guilty of assault if I beat him up outside the ring?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:55 pm

cassowary wrote:

That's hiding behind a legal technicality. The concept of Justice has a much broader meaning.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:08 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:55 pm
cassowary wrote:

That's hiding behind a legal technicality. The concept of Justice has a much broader meaning.
True, but his lawyers will argue on legal technicalities and the court will decide base on technicalities.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:12 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:28 pm
cassowary wrote:

The fact that the president has that power has nothing to do with whether he committed obstruction of justice.

If I am scheduled to have a boxing match with someone, am I guilty of assault if I beat him up outside the ring?
Hahaha. That is a totally different matter. It is legal to beat up someone in the ring but not outside the ring. It is legal for Trump to tell Comey to stop investigating Flynn but it is not legal for Trump to tell Comey to stop investigating the President.