Donald Trump must be impeached.

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Donald Trump must be impeached.

Post by neverfail » Mon May 15, 2017 5:59 am

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/donald ... w4sb5.html

(quote) The remedy of impeachment was designed to create a last-resort mechanism for preserving our constitutional system. It operates by removing executive-branch officials who have so abused power through what the framers called "high crimes and misdemeanours" that they cannot be trusted to continue in office.

cassowary

Re: Donald Trump must be impeached.

Post by cassowary » Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 am

Hear what Trump actually said.

I don't get the impression that he "shockingly admitted on national television that the action (Comey firing) was provoked by the FBI's intensifying investigation into his campaign's ties with Russia."

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Cassowary, did you actually read the article in the link I provided? :?: :?: :?:

It was written by Laurence Tribe, professor of constitutional law at Harvard Law School.

Presumably, his opinion piece published originally in The Washington Post contains the sound professional advice of one of the US top experts in constitutional law. I hardly think that an academic of his stature would put his own professional reputation at risk publishing hearsay.

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm
Cassowary, did you actually read the article in the link I provided? :?: :?: :?:

It was written by Laurence Tribe, professor of constitutional law at Harvard Law School.

Presumably, his opinion piece published originally in The Washington Post contains the sound professional advice of one of the US top experts in constitutional law. I hardly think that an academic of his stature would put his own professional reputation at risk publishing hearsay.
:lol:

Forgive me, neverfail, I'm not laughing at you, but about Harvard. :mrgreen:

From your article, for context, Tribe follows the Obama progressive narrative, you need to read this article knowing that bias.
KDMMay 14 2017 at 8:42pm

Ahh, the daily anti-Trump article from the Washington Post dutifully reprinted by Fairfax.

Just for balance, I would have hoped that Fairfax might have pointed out that the author (Prof Lawrence Tribe) previously taught with Barack Obama and was subsequently appointed by President Obama to a senior position in the Justice Department.

Could there perhaps just be a modicum of bias in this commentary which should have been declared, less the Australian readership think this reflects independent, politically neutral analysis.
Good advice.
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

neverfail

Re: Is Professor tribe being "tribal" in his loyalties?

Post by neverfail » Tue May 16, 2017 5:25 am

Booklady wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm

:lol:

Forgive me, neverfail, I'm not laughing at you, but about Harvard. :mrgreen:

From your article, for context, Tribe follows the Obama progressive narrative, you need to read this article knowing that bias.
KDMMay 14 2017 at 8:42pm

Ahh, the daily anti-Trump article from the Washington Post dutifully reprinted by Fairfax.

Just for balance, I would have hoped that Fairfax might have pointed out that the author (Prof Lawrence Tribe) previously taught with Barack Obama and was subsequently appointed by President Obama to a senior position in the Justice Department.

Could there perhaps just be a modicum of bias in this commentary which should have been declared, less the Australian readership think this reflects independent, politically neutral analysis.
Good advice.
Well Booklady; bear in mind that I live in a country where the word progressive has not acquired the politically loaded connotations it seems to have picked up in your country.

Having a clear political preference is one thing but does this make Mr Tribe untruthful in the reasons he published in the Post as to why Trump could be, even should be, impeached?

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 5:59 am
http://www.theage.com.au/comment/donald ... w4sb5.html

(quote) The remedy of impeachment was designed to create a last-resort mechanism for preserving our constitutional system. It operates by removing executive-branch officials who have so abused power through what the framers called "high crimes and misdemeanours" that they cannot be trusted to continue in office.

The real story mysteriously murdered Seth Rich apparently was the DNC Leaker This is the story that the Democrats have been trying so desperately to prevent coming out.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/murde ... le/2623186
Murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich had sent 44,000 internal emails to WikiLeaks: Report
by Kyle Feldscher | May 16, 2017, 8:22 AM
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

SteveFoerster

Re: Is Professor tribe being "tribal" in his loyalties?

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue May 16, 2017 8:03 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:25 am
Well Booklady; bear in mind that I live in a country where the word progressive has not acquired the politically loaded connotations it seems to have picked up in your country.
Well, having ruined "liberal", it's not surprising that the leftists have moved on to despoil other parts of the dictionary.
Having a clear political preference is one thing but does this make Mr Tribe untruthful in the reasons he published in the Post as to why Trump could be, even should be, impeached?
If nothing else, it certainly punctures that appeal to authority that you're relying on here. There's a reason William F. Buckley said, "I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University."
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue May 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 am

The real story mysteriously murdered Seth Rich apparently was the DNC Leaker This is the story that the Democrats have been trying so desperately to prevent coming out.
Except the article reaches no such conclusion and no credible source is cited.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue May 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks fellows!

I notice that neither of you have stated outright that the grounds for Trump's impeachment as provided by Professor tribe are outright lies.

If this is what you want to say then why dance around the matter. Why not just say so?

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:50 pm
Doc wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 am

Except the article reaches no such conclusion and no credible source is cited.

Even if there wasn't SO WHAT? You can't site any evidence that Trump illegally colluded with the Russians other than anonymous hearsay

The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx