North Korea threatens nuclear strike on Australia.

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: North Korea threatens nuclear strike on Australia.

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 21, 2017 2:08 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 4:23 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 7:22 am

If people left NK in peace, it would slowly develop following their specific model. But leaving NK alone has never been the US intention. The US must destroy the NK experiment, because the US cannot accept living with any non-capitalist success. Good that NK has nuclear weapons.

If North Korea ceased gratuitous acts of aggression against others it might be left in peace to rot away at its own slow pace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Yeonpyeong

http://adst.org/2016/01/north-korea-blo ... -airliner/

http://adst.org/2016/01/north-korea-blo ... -airliner/

....and that's only a random selection of the outrageous provocations that this rogue criminal regime has committed over a prolonged period of time. Would you like to see more?

A great way for NK to establish international trust and confidence, don't you think?
You are talking about isolated incidents, the most recent of which was seven years ago. The US does it all the time, as we have now seen, once more, with an attack on Syrian soil against Syrian troops. Compared with the US North Korea is a particularly peaceful country... Not to speak of Israel, which regularly attacks targets on foreign soil. What's so special about North Korea which seems to attract so much animosity? Leave them alone and they will leave the rest of the world alone. But no. The US must continue trying to bring down the NK regime with sanctions and boycots, even if the victims of such actions are the NK common people and not their leaders. I say it once more: good that NK has nuclear weapons, the only guarantee they have of their sovereignty.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun May 21, 2017 5:14 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:08 am
. What's so special about North Korea which seems to attract so much animosity?
Did you read any of my provided links sertorio: or do you believe that you know it all and have nothing new to learn?

(quote)http://adst.org/2016/01/north-korea-blo ... -airliner/
On November 29, 1987, North Korean agents hid a bomb on Korean Airlines Flight 858, killing all 115 on board. It was later learned that the bombing was intended to destabilize the South Korean government and to scare off participants in the upcoming Olympic Games to be held in Seoul the following summer.

Aren't they such lovely people? They blow up an airliner full of innocent passengers and crew just to send a "diplomatic message" - not to the United States please note but to the South Korean government.

You still wonder why it attracts animosity Sertorio?

Their sole grudge against the United States is that it has been South Korea's guarantor and protector for the past 64 years.

The USA gets in the way of their ambition to forcibly re-unify Korea under their regime. That the poeplem of South Korea might not want this is immaterial to them.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:08 am
But no. The US must continue trying to bring down the NK regime with sanctions and boycots, even if the victims of such actions are the NK common people and not their leaders. I say it once more: good that NK has nuclear weapons, the only guarantee they have of their sovereignty.
Had the US wanted to nuke North Korea it has had the past 70 years to do so. Even during the Korean war (1950-53), when it could have done so without fear of reprisal against the USA itself it abstained from so doing.

NK only wants nuclear weapons to terrorise and blackmail others.. Most notably the South Koreans, Japanese and Americans. "give us what we want or we will nuke a couple of your cities". National defence has nothing to do with it Sertorio.

The state of denial you seem to go into over what a nasty piece of work North Korea really is makes you a very frustrating person to try and reason with. One of these days, dear friend, I hope that you will finally choose to pull your head out of your rear anal passage and see this horrid regime for what it really is. :)
Last edited by neverfail on Sun May 21, 2017 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

neverfail

Re: oh yes. Didn't you know North Korea kidnaps foreigners from their homes abroad Sertorio?

Post by neverfail » Sun May 21, 2017 5:18 am

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/world/m ... w6sxr.html

Tokyo: Megumi Yokota was just 13 when she was captured by North Korean agents on her way home from school in Japan's Niigata prefecture.

Megumi, remembered by her parents as a perky girl who liked singing, animals and flowers, vanished after practising badminton with friends on November 15, 1977.

"We were overwhelmed with the disappearance," her mother, Sakie Yokota, told a UN human rights inquiry chaired by former Australian high court judge Michael Kirby.

"I called out her name - 'Megumi-chan, Megumi-chan' - and I looked for her continuously. But I could not even see her shadow … we almost went crazy."

The inquiry, commissioned by the UN's Human Rights Council, wrapped up in 2014 with damning findings that the North Korean regime was responsible for a litany of crimes against humanity and should be referred to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

...........................................................................................................................................
I disagree with Mr Justice Michael Kirby in his call for peaceful initiates. This approach has been attempted again and again and on every occasion the North Korean regime has only abused such gestures of friendship.

This is a regime that deserves to be obliterated off the face of the earth -- and I don't utter these words lightly!
Last edited by neverfail on Sun May 21, 2017 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 5:14 am
On November 29, 1987, North Korean agents hid a bomb on Korean Airlines Flight 858, killing all 115 on board. It was later learned that the bombing was intended to destabilize the South Korean government and to scare off participants in the upcoming Olympic Games to be held in Seoul the following summer.

Aren't they such lovely people? They blow up an airliner full of innocent passengers and crew just to send a "diplomatic message" - not to the United States please note but to the South Korean government.
Do you remember this? It happened one year after the incident mentioned by you. Will you apply here the same comments?...
Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai. On 3 July 1988, the aircraft operating on this route was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes under the command of William C. Rogers III. The incident took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from Vincennes. All 290 people on board died.
I do find your arguments very peculiar indeed...
neverfail wrote:
Had the US wanted to nuke North Korea it has had the past 70 years to do so. Even during the Korean war (1950-53), when it could have done so without fear of reprisal against the USA itself it abstained from so doing.
Well, Gen. Mac Arthur did want to use nukes in Korea, without being threatened by such weapons from the NK side... So, where is your high ground?...
neverfail wrote:
NK only wants nuclear weapons to terrorise and blackmail others.. Most notably the South Koreans, Japanese and Americans. "give us what we want or we will nuke a couple of your cities". National defence has nothing to do with it Sertorio.
Everybody knows - and so must you - that any unprovoked attack by NK with nuclear weapons would result in the destruction of NK. Why do you think North Koreans are bend on suicide?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun May 21, 2017 6:03 am

neverfail wrote:

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 am
Do you remember this? It happened one year after the incident mentioned by you. Will you apply here the same comments?...
Yes, I do recall when this happened. It was World news. So where were you when this was happening back in 1987 Sertorio that you did not notice the outrage?
Sertorio wrote:
Iran Air Flight 655 was an Iran Air passenger flight from Tehran to Dubai. On 3 July 1988, the aircraft operating on this route was shot down by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes under the command of William C. Rogers III. The incident took place in Iranian airspace, over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf, and on the flight's usual flight path. The aircraft, an Airbus A300 B2-203, was destroyed by SM-2MR surface-to-air missiles fired from Vincennes. All 290 people on board died.
Sertorio wrote:
I do find your arguments very peculiar indeed...
The US did not send agents into a foreign country to plant a bomb on board Iran Air Flight 655

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... light-655/

(quote)The Vincennes mistook the lumbering Airbus A300 civilian airliner for a much smaller and faster F-14 fighter jet, perhaps in the heat of battle or perhaps because the flight allegedly did not identify itself. It fired two surface-to-air missiles, killing all 290 passengers and crew members on board.

The Vincennes had previously had a run-in with a couple of Iranian navy patrol boats and therefore its skipper and crew must have been uptight with battle stress. The shooting down of Iran Air Flight 655 was a mistake: unlike the wilful destruction of that Korean Airliner by the vicious North Korean regime. That was calculated malice.

I think that it is like your damned cheek to try and compare the two!
Sertorio wrote:
Everybody knows - and so must you - that any unprovoked attack by NK with nuclear weapons would result in the destruction of NK. Why do you think North Koreans are bend on suicide?
Yes, I do, because they are a crazy regime out of their time.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 21, 2017 9:23 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 6:03 am
The Vincennes mistook the lumbering Airbus A300 civilian airliner for a much smaller and faster F-14 fighter jet, perhaps in the heat of battle or perhaps because the flight allegedly did not identify itself. It fired two surface-to-air missiles, killing all 290 passengers and crew members on board.

The Vincennes had previously had a run-in with a couple of Iranian navy patrol boats and therefore its skipper and crew must have been uptight with battle stress. The shooting down of Iran Air Flight 655 was a mistake: unlike the wilful destruction of that Korean Airliner by the vicious North Korean regime. That was calculated malice.
You should keep your Mr. Hyde away from your computer!... He writes the most incredible things and then you get blamed for them... :lol:

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 9:23 am
neverfail wrote:
The Vincennes mistook the lumbering Airbus A300 civilian airliner for a much smaller and faster F-14 fighter jet, perhaps in the heat of battle or perhaps because the flight allegedly did not identify itself. It fired two surface-to-air missiles, killing all 290 passengers and crew members on board.

You should keep your Mr. Hyde away from your computer!... He writes the most incredible things and then you get blamed for them... :lol:
You could take your own advice Sertorio.

I know that you strive to maintain your state of denial over North Korea (and other matters) indefinitely Sertorio: but slagging me with a jibe like that comes across as merely another "shoot the messenger" ruse.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 22, 2017 7:37 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 9:23 am
neverfail wrote:

You could take your own advice Sertorio.

I know that you strive to maintain your state of denial over North Korea (and other matters) indefinitely Sertorio: but slagging me with a jibe like that comes across as merely another "shoot the messenger" ruse.
Neverfail,
You keep trying to convince us - and yourself - that NK is a devilish country, but all you have succeeded in proving was that NK has been a lot less aggressive and murderous than the US or Israel. You are entitled to not liking the NK regime - I don't like it either - but there is absolutely no excuse to try and justify all the US aggressive moves against a country which only wants to be left alone. Without US interference I believe North and South Korea could soon reach a modus vivendi between them, and they might even sign a peace treaty. With normal relations with the rest of the world North Korean economy would be a lot more prosperous, NK people would be better off and the regime would eventually become more tolerant. But I suppose that is too complicated for the average American mind, so the US will keep insisting on policies which threaten the lives of hundreds of thousand of innocent people in and out of NK. Therefore the only thing NK can do is getting enough nuclear bombs and missiles to make sure that the US would have to pay a very high price indeed for any aggression against NK. If I were the leader of NK I would do exactly the same thing.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 7:37 am

Neverfail,
Without US interference I believe North and South Korea could soon reach a modus vivendi between them, and they might even sign a peace treaty. With normal relations with the rest of the world North Korean economy would be a lot more prosperous, NK people would be better off and the regime would eventually become more tolerant.
Twaddle Sertorio!

Your post had one beneficial effect though. It goaded me into looking into why North and South Korea have never signed a peace treaty. So I Googled up the question why have not North Korea and South Korea signed a peace treaty by now?

This link is the most plausible response I got:

https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-North-Ko ... Korean-War

(quote) Both regimes in two Koreas refuse to recognize each other. While the ceasefire treaty at 1953 only prevent two countries into a large scale war, the DPRK and ROK never recognized themselves as legal ruler of Korea.

When both countries still claim themselves as legitimate Government of Korea, there would be no peace at all. Further, many actions of the Kim Dynasty’s regime like the nuclear missile launching or testing, damaged the further plan of unification.

DPRK also has a closed system and less contacts unlike ROK. So no way they knew on it.

But, the deadliest part, is this “peace treaty” one. If they signed, the Korean peninsula would be separated and they would never have a chance to unite again.

Their goal is not to separate Korea. They must unite Korea.

........................................................................................

Sertorio: you repeatedly make the mistake of presuming that any ally of the United States must necessarily be a client state of the USA with Washington setting the policy agenda. Well, the Soviet Union ran the Warsaw Pact like that but that does not mean that the Western web of alliances is a mirror image of the Warsaw pact.

The above (quoted) post from another blog makes clear that the two Koreas are setting the agenda on the non-signing of a peace treaty. Succinctly, neither one recognises the other because neither can afford to.

Nothing to do with the United States.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu May 25, 2017 3:27 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 am

Sertorio: you repeatedly make the mistake of presuming that any ally of the United States must necessarily be a client state of the USA with Washington setting the policy agenda. Well, the Soviet Union ran the Warsaw Pact like that but that does not mean that the Western web of alliances is a mirror image of the Warsaw pact.
You have finally hit the nail on the head! The US does really treat its "allies" very much in the manner the Soviet Union treated the Warsaw Pact countries. The US has always opposed an European wide defense alliance distinct from NATO; it has always forced European countries to participate in aggressive wars in the ME (the so called "coalitions"...); and it has dragged Europe into a confrontation with Russia which does not serve Europe's interests. We are indeed vassal states of the US. It will be interesting to see what is going to happen in Slovakia, where over 150,000 people have so far signed a petition for a referendum to take Slovakia out of NATO. If the required 350,000 signatures are collected, we will see how the US is going to try and blackmail Slovakia in order not to permit such a referendum. To be truly free Europe must detach itself from an imperial US...