North Korea threatens nuclear strike on Australia.

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: North Korea's New Missile

Post by Sertorio » Tue May 16, 2017 5:18 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 5:25 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 3:37 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 11:53 am

Is it accurate enough to hit Guam? I remember back in the day the Soviets had concerns about accuracy, and built more powerful nukes to compensate.

Note that I'm just asking the question, I'm definitely not saying, "No worries, PDRK will probably miss anyway!" :geek:
I wouldn't be too surprised if some nuclear competent countries which criticize NK have been helping NK building better and more accurate missiles... Just to embarass the US...
I doubt any country, even China, would aid PDRK's missile technology just to "embarrass" the U.S., considering the retribution that would follow if discovered.
What retribution?... :shock:

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue May 16, 2017 7:59 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:18 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

Is it accurate enough to hit Guam? I remember back in the day the Soviets had concerns about accuracy, and built more powerful nukes to compensate.

Note that I'm just asking the question, I'm definitely not saying, "No worries, PDRK will probably miss anyway!" :geek:
I wouldn't be too surprised if some nuclear competent countries which criticize NK have been helping NK building better and more accurate missiles... Just to embarass the US...
I doubt any country, even China, would aid PDRK's missile technology just to "embarrass" the U.S., considering the retribution that would follow if discovered.
Presumably something similar to what Putin would do if some other great power gave missile technology to a rogue nuclear state that had threatened Russia.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:59 am
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

Presumably something similar to what Putin would do if some other great power gave missile technology to a rogue nuclear state that had threatened Russia.
North Korea hasn't threatened the US. It has been the other way around all the time...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue May 16, 2017 11:44 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:59 am
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

North Korea hasn't threatened the US. It has been the other way around all the time...
http://www.newsweek.com/kim-jong-un-ass ... lot-607453
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue May 16, 2017 2:27 pm

The threat is against the CIA and the NIS, not the US:
Furthering the rhetoric, Han warned that “Korean-style war on terrorism will be commenced at once in a consecutive and intensive way to root out the plot-breeding centers and dens of evil on this planet, including the CIA and the NIS.”
As far as I know, the North Koreans have only threatened to retaliate against any American attack on NK. While the US is threatening all the time to bomb NK if NK does not stop its nuclear and missile tests.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

http://www.newsweek.com/kim-jong-un-ass ... lot-607453
(quote from http://www.newsweek.com/kim-jong-un-ass ... lot-607453 ) The only individual suspect so far named by North Korea is a resident of Pyongyang who allegedly was bribed, brainwashed and cajoled by foreign agents to carry out the assassination plot.

:roll: :roll: :roll: Oh sure! Tell me another one.

In a tightly controlled police state like NK it would be impossible for agents of any foreign power to entice a local to put his head in the noose like that undetected.

By contrast, in an open cosmopolitan society like the United States or umpteen other Western countries I could name, it would not only be possible but relatively easy for a hostile foreign power like NK to do the same.

So why are they bullshitting on so? This is nothing but an officially sanctioned conspiracy theory put out by the regime to keep the populace scared and therefore amenable to be manipulated by its official lies. :twisted:

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 2:27 pm
Furthering the rhetoric, Han warned that “Korean-style war on terrorism will be commenced at once in a consecutive and intensive way to root out the plot-breeding centers and dens of evil on this planet, including the CIA and the NIS.”
As far as I know, the North Koreans have only threatened to retaliate against any American attack on NK. While the US is threatening all the time to bomb NK if NK does not stop its nuclear and missile tests.
Sertorio: why do you keep on making excuses for the revolting behaviour of what is surely the most reprehensible regime on the face of the earth?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed May 17, 2017 3:02 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sertorio: why do you keep on making excuses for the revolting behaviour of what is surely the most reprehensible regime on the face of the earth?
The North Korean regime is exclusively a problem for the North Koreans themselves. Their developing defensive weapons is a right of any sovereign state. As long as they don't use those weapons aggressively against any country - and they would be wiped out if they did - it is their right to have them. When confronted with an aggressive US the only defense a smaller power can have are nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them. That's why Iran wanted them. And had Iraq had them, we would have been spared the IS barbaric deeds. As long as the US remains an aggressive imperialist power I am all in favour of potential targets of that imperialism having nuclear weapons and reliable missiles to deliver them if necessary. North Korea or Iran do not threaten me or my country. The US does.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed May 17, 2017 6:45 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:02 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 pm
Sertorio wrote:
The North Korean regime is exclusively a problem for the North Koreans themselves. Their developing defensive weapons is a right of any sovereign state.

Sertorio: what do you define as a "defensive" weapon. If ICBM missiles and thermonuclear bombs are not aggressive weapons then what is?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed May 17, 2017 7:51 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 6:45 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:02 am

The North Korean regime is exclusively a problem for the North Koreans themselves. Their developing defensive weapons is a right of any sovereign state.

Sertorio: what do you define as a "defensive" weapon. If ICBM missiles and thermonuclear bombs are not aggressive weapons then what is?
They are defensive because they can be dissuasive of any attacks by other countries. Of course they could also be used offensively, but any country like NK using them in such a manner would be wiped out immediately. So I think we can safely assume that NK would only use such weapons for its own defense. As such I feel they have a legitimate right to build and own them. And so would Iran.