The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Discussion of current events
neverfail

The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by neverfail » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -committee

Quite apart from the fact that Trump and those close to him are under FBI investigation (which this august law enforcement body would not have inaugurated lightly); I recall during the throes of the Trump election campaign he publicly incited the Russian government to hack his opponent Hillary Clinton's computer to "find the missing emails". Considering those missing emails contained potentially explosive top secret information re. national security; I at the time (and still do) considered Trump's incitement of a foreign government to do that for the sake of a gratuitous political advantage to have been downright treasonable.

http://www.voanews.com/a/trump-invites- ... 37157.html

Did Trump think through either the national security implications or the legality of his call to a foreign government for electioneering assistance like that before he opened his mouth? I doubt very much whether he did or whether he would have been capable of making the distinction between his nation's best interests and his own.

It testifies to both the independence of the FBI and the integrity of its chief that it is able to pursue an investigation of this sort against the wishes of an incumbent administration.

Brace yourself folks! As a long and grueling drama of unfolding scandal, this one is likely to push Watergate into the shade.

Doc

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:21 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -committee

Quite apart from the fact that Trump and those close to him are under FBI investigation (which this august law enforcement body would not have inaugurated lightly); I recall during the throes of the Trump election campaign he publicly incited the Russian government to hack his opponent Hillary Clinton's computer to "find the missing emails". Considering those missing emails contained potentially explosive top secret information re. national security; I at the time (and still do) considered Trump's incitement of a foreign government to do that for the sake of a gratuitous political advantage to have been downright treasonable.

http://www.voanews.com/a/trump-invites- ... 37157.html

Did Trump think through either the national security implications or the legality of his call to a foreign government for electioneering assistance like that before he opened his mouth? I doubt very much whether he did or whether he would have been capable of making the distinction between his nation's best interests and his own.

It testifies to both the independence of the FBI and the integrity of its chief that it is able to pursue an investigation of this sort against the wishes of an incumbent administration.

Brace yourself folks! As a long and grueling drama of unfolding scandal, this one is likely to push Watergate into the shade.
So you trhink Trump should be impeached for making a joke about Hillary's emails that included the Russians? Hillary was under investigation for having secure emails on her private server Should she have been removed as teh democratic nominee because she was "under investigation"? or does that not count since the specifics of what she did was widely known as opposed to not having any idea as to what exactly the "Trump" investigation is about specifically?
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:49 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:21 pm

So you trhink Trump should be impeached for making a joke about Hillary's emails that included the Russians? Hillary was under investigation for having secure emails on her private server Should she have been removed as teh democratic nominee because she was "under investigation"? or does that not count since the specifics of what she did was widely known as opposed to not having any idea as to what exactly the "Trump" investigation is about specifically?
I am not concerned about Hillary! I believe that as a result of the investigation she was cleared of wrongdoing. The point is that Hillary is now yesterday's news.

What I find alarming is that Trump, far from being yesterday's person, is now POTUS. If he a sitting president is under investigation by the FBI for possible collusion by and with a foreign power during his election campaign (unprecedented), then that is very bad news for us all.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:49 am
"...collusion by and with a foreign power..."
Is very much what diplomacy is all about...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:57 am

So far there is no proof of any crime committed by Trump. investigation does not mean guilt. You need evidence. Comey did not cite any evidence.

The only crime that was committed was the leaking of Flynn's conversation with a Russian representative.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 am

neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

I am not concerned about Hillary! I believe that as a result of the investigation she was cleared of wrongdoing. The point is that Hillary is now yesterday's news.
She was "cleared" by Obama's DOJ after Bill Clinton met with Obama's Attorney General is secret on an Airplane in Phoenix. They said she didn't know she borke the law which is completely a ridiculous excuse since she had to have known having a private server indeed brought the law and the Podesta emails clearly showed that her own staff was warning her it was wrong to have that private server.
What I find alarming is that Trump, far from being yesterday's person, is now POTUS. If he a sitting president is under investigation by the FBI for possible collusion by and with a foreign power during his election campaign (unprecedented), then that is very bad news for us all.
Yet you can't tell me why spcifically he is being investigated

This is deep state stuff. They don't like Trump upsetting their apple cart.
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 am
neverfail wrote:
Not when it is with a power that bears ill will towards your country - then it counts as treason!

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:36 am
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

She was "cleared" by Obama's DOJ after Bill Clinton met with Obama's Attorney General is secret on an Airplane in Phoenix. They said she didn't know she borke the law which is completely a ridiculous excuse since she had to have known having a private server indeed brought the law and the Podesta emails clearly showed that her own staff was warning her it was wrong to have that private server.
Then I stand corrected doc and thanks. If she had her husband pull strings like that to have the investigation quashed the that investigation should be re-opened possibly pending in the prosecution of Hillary as law breaker.
Doc wrote:
Yet you can't tell me why spcifically he is being investigated

This is deep state stuff. They don't like Trump upsetting their apple cart.
All that I know at present is outlined in my opening post for this discussion. Wait and see what the investigation turns up.

"Upsetting their apple cart"? Like jeopardising the integrity of your presidential election of recent memory in collusion with a foreign power? Does that not alarm you doc: or don't you care about the means used to win because the election result was the one that you wanted?

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:00 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 am
neverfail wrote:
Not when it is with a power that bears ill will towards your country - then it counts as treason!
No Not even wrong As Churchill said about making Stalin an Ally. "If the Hitler invaded hell I would give the devil a good reference"