Israel

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Israel

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:37 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:35 pm
"There may be no solution to ME peace." Better stated - there will never be peace for Israel. There will never be an end to Muslim envy of and hatred for Israel and the accomplished Jewish people.
Unless Israeli Jews decide to coopt Arabs living in Israel and the West Bank...

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:35 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:01 am

If that includes aid to Israel, I'm in.

As someone who pays taxes in the U.S., the best solution to me is the "Reverse Aliyah" solution: let any citizen of Israel have permanent residency automatically on arrival to the U.S., and otherwise wash our hands of the whole place.
Steve,
I am with you on the aid to Israel. While it is called foreign aid and while it was a key to survival of Israel's early years now days the "aid" is a misnomer, it is in essence a lever that the US uses to project control over israel. While about 1% of Israel's GDP it has been put to use to block cooperation with India and China and to allow US firms to gain contracts instead, among other uses.

As far as your suggestion that Israelis be granted green cards to "solve" the problem: While some might be interested, it is my opinion that most will not be willing to migrate for many reasons least of which the crazy left anti Jewish pro Muslim ideology which is prevalent in the US including with American Jews. Would you propose the same for th industrious Taiwansee to rid us from the festering south China Sea crisis or the south Koreans?.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm

dagbay wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:35 am
As far as your suggestion that Israelis be granted green cards to "solve" the problem: While some might be interested, it is my opinion that most will not be willing to migrate for many reasons least of which the crazy left anti Jewish pro Muslim ideology which is prevalent in the US including with American Jews.
Fine, then they're welcome to stay where they are. Good luck!
Would you propose the same for th industrious Taiwansee to rid us from the festering south China Sea crisis or the south Koreans?.
Sure, why not? It's not like all that many would come, and after making the offer the U.S. could tell everyone who thinks that it's responsible for the whole world to piss off. (Yes, I recognise the political infeasibility of what I'm saying here.)
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm
dagbay wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:35 am
As far as your suggestion that Israelis be granted green cards to "solve" the problem: While some might be interested, it is my opinion that most will not be willing to migrate for many reasons least of which the crazy left anti Jewish pro Muslim ideology which is prevalent in the US including with American Jews.
Fine, then they're welcome to stay where they are. Good luck!
Would you propose the same for th industrious Taiwansee to rid us from the festering south China Sea crisis or the south Koreans?.
Sure, why not? It's not like all that many would come, and after making the offer the U.S. could tell everyone who thinks that it's responsible for the whole world to piss off. (Yes, I recognise the political infeasibility of what I'm saying here.)
OK so we can settle this without a dual after all its not feasible in practice. :)
But it is likely that our taxes will continue to be used in ways we do not approve of. Politicians but worse career bureaucrats make decisions about the spending consulting with us only once every 4 to 6 years at best....

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:53 pm

"Is Gaza-Sinai state a possibility for Palestinians?"
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/featur ... 36972.html

Plenty of room in the Sinai for Arabs to try to sort themselves out.

"Israel has good reason to fear the future." No, Israelis are not the fearful type. Rather, they are pragmatists - knowing that they will survive and prosper as an island in a sea of Islamic savagery.

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:59 am

It is not about territory for the Arabs it is a religious war. Having land in any other place will never satisfy any of them. It has to be in place of Israel not beside her. Do listen to their own words or read their own charter. Israel if it will exist will always stand as a reminder that "Pigs and apes" prosper in a place where Arabs fail.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 am

Wanna hear a good one?

"EU envoy: Israel can learn from Europe how to fight terrorism"
http://www.jpost.com/international/EU-e ... ism-503168

"Europe is a friend of Israel . . ."

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 am
Wanna hear a good one?

As the late Pastaneta would say, :lol: :lol: :lol:
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Bingo!

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 am
Wanna hear a good one?

I'm afraid it is rather sad. The EU has followed it's own advice to Israel and got itself into a terrible position unable to control it's boarders. Further the daily news in the EU sounds like israel in 1996. It is under invasion and might have to follow it's on advice once more and form a "two state solution" of its own....