The Western Backlash Against Islam

Discussion of current events
Milo

The Western Backlash Against Islam

Post by Milo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Dutch PM Rutte: 'If you don't like it here, then leave'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38718286

Weeks before Dutch voters go to the polls, Prime Minister Mark Rutte has said that anyone who rejects the country's values should leave.
"Act normal, or go away," he says, in a message seen as taking on the anti-immigration Freedom party currently running high in the opinion polls.
The Dutch felt increasingly uncomfortable with people who abused the very freedom they came in search of, Mr Rutte argued.

Booklady

Re: The Western Backlash Against Islam

Post by Booklady » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Milo, a question, could you tell us what the Milo doctrine is all about? Sorry, but we just did not have the time to bring over all the interesting old threads.
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:04 pm

First codified by Mr Perfect, the Milo Doctrine is a different approach to the threat posed by Islam.

It does not distinguish a "radical Islam". It treats all Islam as a threat.

It is our view that only isolating Islam can be an effective strategy. The west should cease to prop up 'secular' Islamic regimes and restrict immigration from Islamic countries to non Muslims.

The west must also cease any attempt at 'peacekeeping' in the Muslim world. In point of fact we might use deniable, covert methods to encourage sectarian war.

We need to stop worrying about Islamic countries getting the bomb, provided the Shite ones have roughly the same capabilities as the Sunni ones.

We may keep our troops there for some regimes who pay for the privilege, maybe Bahrain for instance, but my recommendation is bring all the troops home, no matter how 'friendly' the regime says they are, because the benefits of cheaper energy will never outweigh the downside of fickle Islamic 'allies'.

Of course a predicate of the MD is that we get no benefits from propping up 'secular', ''friendly' Islamic regimes except cheap energy, and even that isn't cheap when you factor in the true cost of our present policies.

We would trade with the Muslim world under this doctrine but not in a way that necessitates any political conditions.

This would be painful, as the Saudis may dump dollars etc. However, it is our view that we can spend another $2 trillion on alternative energy and currency stabilization and do better than another Islamic social experiment, which has cost that much and counting.

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Thank you, Milo. Excellent.
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Milo wrote:

We need to stop worrying about Islamic countries getting the bomb, provided the Shite ones have roughly the same capabilities as the Sunni ones.

We may keep our troops there for some regimes who pay for the privilege, maybe Bahrain for instance, but my recommendation is bring all the troops home, no matter how 'friendly' the regime says they are, because the benefits of cheaper energy will never outweigh the downside of fickle Islamic 'allies'.

Of course a predicate of the MD is that we get no benefits from propping up 'secular', ''friendly' Islamic regimes except cheap energy, and even that isn't cheap when you factor in the true cost of our present policies.

I agree that we should stop all Muslim immigration. But I feel uneasy about letting Iran getting the Bomb. Not a good idea.

As for defending secular regime for cheap energy, the US has been defending Saudi Arabia which is not a secular regime. In fact they are spreading radical Islamism.

So it is important for the US to be energy self sufficient. There is no need to defend Saudi Arabia. Trump's energy policy is therefore correct.

Energy self sufficiency is the logical corollary of the Milo doctrine.

Cyclamen persicum

Post by Cyclamen persicum » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:34 am

Milo Doctrine ? ? :lol:

Come on

and now this :

The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America

There is a law in America, called hate crime

My guess is, FBI , James Comey, watching .. and .. will take action.

- David Yerushalmi

- Robert Spencer

- Frank Antney

- Daniel Pipes

Powerful players backing these 5 individuals include

- Allen West , congressman from Florida

- Michele Bachmann, Congress Woman Minnesota

My guess is .. FBI watching and will move soon, swiftly

Jewish organizations will join soon the protest

Charge will be endangering national security

Cyclamen persicum

Post by Cyclamen persicum » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:47 am

cassowary wrote:.

But I feel uneasy about letting Iran getting the Bomb. Not a good idea.

How come, "cassowary", you feel safe with those criminal Pakistani, who beheaded poor WSJ Journalist Daniel Pearl, having 60 nuclear weapon and missiles to deliver them and all those nuclear capable F-16 .. but you feel uneasy Iran have a few of that stuff ? ? Iran has not attacked anybody last 350 yrs .. and .. forget beheading, but not a single American got a bloody noise in Iran since 1979 despite @least 20,000 American special serviceman being in Iran when Khomeini set foot in Tehran airport ? ?

Why you feel uneasy ? Iran is the only country in all ME where Americans are looked at with sympathy and friendship .. relaaaaax

And, now this

Trump immigration ban ‘a boon' for Canadian tech industry,
say executives

Canadian technology executives are making plans to capitalize on U.S. President Donald Trump’s immigration orders, using the new president’s crackdown to help their efforts to recruit skilled workers from overseas.

“I think it’s really sad and horrible from a political landscape perspective, but very selfishly it’s an incredible opportunity” said Dennis Pilarinos, a former Microsoft executive whose 22-person software startup in Vancouver, Buddybuild, is in hiring mode. “It’s a chance to welcome incredibly talented engineers who might not have otherwise considered roles in Canada.”

Some U.S. tech leaders voiced concerns or criticisms about the move. Google parent Alphabet Inc. told staff travelling overseas who may be impacted by the president’s executive order to return to the U.S. Bloomberg News reported that Google chief executive Sundar Pichai slammed Trump’s move in a note to employees Friday, telling them that more than 100 staff are affected by the order.

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said on Facebook the president’s actions were “hurting Netflix employees around the world, and are so un-American it pains us all.”

Uber CEO Travis Kalanick also took to Facebook, saying he would raise concerns “this ban will impact many innocent people” when he and other business leaders meet the president next week. Apple CEO Tim Cook said in an email to staff obtained by Recode that the company “would not exist without immigration” and that it didn’t support the policy.

Carol Leaman, CEO of Waterloo-based digital learning software firm Axonify Inc., said Mr. Trump is “going to create sheer and utter chaos” for the U.S., “but we’ve got an opportunity here to take advantage of it.”

Canada’s tech industry faces a shortage of programmers and other skilled IT professionals – which is expected to rise to more than 200,00 by 2020 - as the best talent from foreign countries tends to be more attracted to Silicon Valley than to Canadian tech hubs such as Waterloo, Ont. and Toronto.

In five to 10 years, Canada could look back on this moment “as an inflection point when the U.S. closed its borders and people swarmed into Canada” to build the technology scene, said Janet Bannister, general partner of Real Ventures, a Canadian firm that invests in early-stage tech companies. Ms. Bannister added she has been contacted by Chinese investors “who say we want to invest in Canadian tech companies and we’re no longer investing in the U.S.

Iranian VC and technology community debating moving to Vancouver.

Trump should be "impeached" before he ruins America

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:53 am

Cyclamen persicum wrote:.

How come, "cassowary", you feel safe with those criminal Pakistani, who beheaded poor WSJ Journalist Daniel Pearl, having 60 nuclear weapon and missiles to deliver them and all those nuclear capable F-16 .. but you feel uneasy Iran have a few of that stuff ? ? Iran has not attacked anybody last 350 yrs .. and .. forget beheading, but not a single American got a bloody noise in Iran since 1979 despite @least 20,000 American special serviceman being in Iran when Khomeini set foot in Tehran airport ? ?

Why you feel uneasy ? Iran is the only country in all ME where Americans are looked at with sympathy and friendship .. relaaaaax

A spurious comparison. The beheadment of Daniel Pearl was done by an outlowed terrorist group. The Pakistani government is, at least outwardly, not hostile to the US. But the Iranian government is.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:04 am

Just guessing, but I'll bet that Canadians will do what they believe is best for Canada.

Similarly, I'll bet that Jews in Israel and elsewhere won't confuse the policies of the great Persian ruler Cyrus II towards Jews with those of the slimy Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Cyclamen persicum

Post by Cyclamen persicum » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:25 am

cassowary wrote:
Cyclamen persicum wrote:.

A spurious comparison. The beheadment of Daniel Pearl was done by an outlawed terrorist group. The Pakistani government is, at least outwardly, not hostile to the US. But the Iranian government is.

Can an American walk freely on the street in Pakistan .. or, do backpacking or hitchhiking ?

Pretty much NO in all ME cities and countries .. Except in Iran

Issue not what Pakistani government feels (governments can and do change overnight - ask Shah)

American tourist freely walk in Iranian cities .. Young Americans backpack, hitchhike all over Iran .. young Western girls crisscross Iran on motorcycles

Iranian people only people in ME loving America .. All American (so called) allies, Turkey, Pakistan, hate America.

In final analysis, what counts, are the people

And .. Notion .. Iranian government is hostile to America just to fool Joe .. Iran is a sovereign nation with national interest, just exiting 100s of yrs of taking beating (by Ottoman, Russia, Brits) .. America should respect this and help Iranian Nation to get on it's feet again .. there was a reason that Persian empire lasted 1000 yrs, that empire was not based on sword but justice, most joined Persian empire voluntary .. and .. Israel's ONLY "Golden Age" was within that Persian empire .. # 1 civilization in the world .. why American animosity ? has a single American got bloody noise in Iran since 1979 ? NON , despite 20K American serviceman still being in Iran when Khomeini landed in Tehran airport.

Iranians don't forget Howard Baskerville or Samuel M. Jordan and many others .. we all, and our fathers, were educated by Mr. Jordan collage .. still the best school in Iran, most MIT and Stanford and Caltec Iranian graduates from Jordan's school.

History is watching