Spengler

Jim the Moron

Re: Spengler

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:28 pm

"Americans don't see why they should sacrifice their safety or sense of security to accommodate the hurt feelings of other people."
As opposed to many Europeans who, recalling their past savagery towards Jews, don't want to be seen as opposing the invasion of terrorist-breeders.

Apollonius

Post by Apollonius » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:34 am

Classic Spengler:

Iran is Putin's depreciating asset - David P. Goldman, Asia Times, 9 February 2017
http://www.atimes.com/article/iran-puti ... ing-asset/

... The next conversation between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin might go something like this: "Look, Vladimir, you say you’re worried about Sunni terrorists destabilizing Russia. We’re going to kill all the terrorists or hire people to kill them for us. We’re not going to arm jihadists to make trouble for you like we did in Afghanistan during the Cold War. We leave you alone, and you get out of our hair. You get to keep your naval station in Syria, and the Alawites get to have their own state in the northwest. Give Basher Assad a villa in Crimea and put in someone else to replace him – anyone you like. The Sunni areas of Syria will become a separate enclave, along with enclaves for the Druze."

And Trump might add: "We’re taking care of the Sunni terrorists. Now you help us take care of the Iranians, or we’ll do it ourselves, and you won’t like that. You can either work together with us and we tell the Iranians to shut down their centrifuges and their ballistic missile program, or we’ll bomb it. You don’t want us to make the S-300 missiles you sold Iran look like junk – that’s bad for your arms business.

Cyclamen persicum

Post by Cyclamen persicum » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Apollonius wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:34 am

Classic Spengler:

Iran is Putin's depreciating asset - David P. Goldman, Asia Times, 9 February 2017
http://www.atimes.com/article/iran-puti ... ing-asset/

... The next conversation between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin might go something like this: "Look, Vladimir, you say you’re worried about Sunni terrorists destabilizing Russia. We’re going to kill all the terrorists or hire people to kill them for us. We’re not going to arm jihadists to make trouble for you like we did in Afghanistan during the Cold War. We leave you alone, and you get out of our hair. You get to keep your naval station in Syria, and the Alawites get to have their own state in the northwest. Give Basher Assad a villa in Crimea and put in someone else to replace him – anyone you like. The Sunni areas of Syria will become a separate enclave, along with enclaves for the Druze."

And Trump might add: "We’re taking care of the Sunni terrorists. Now you help us take care of the Iranians, or we’ll do it ourselves, and you won’t like that. You can either work together with us and we tell the Iranians to shut down their centrifuges and their ballistic missile program, or we’ll bomb it. You don’t want us to make the S-300 missiles you sold Iran look like junk – that’s bad for your arms business.

Often, I read old articles, say, 3 yrs, 6 yrs, 10 yrs ago of columnist and analyst, political and economy, like David Goldman and his friend Larry Kudlow .. to see how accurate they were with what they were predicting, their analysis, in politics and in business.

One watching "Larry Kudlow & David Goldman" talking about America's economy all those years, one wonders how Trump could be elected, as Larry & David always were saying everything perfect, American workers doing excellent and middle class excellent shape et all the rest.

Now suddenly, Trump saying things terrible, and, Trump would not be president if things were not in very bad shape for American middle class.

Same thing with David Goldman's political assays, analysis and predictions .. he writing (@least) since 15 yrs of Iranian collapse, in the meantime, Iranians have taken over Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan and are working on central Asia and KavKaz.

Now Iran a regional SuperPower (and nuclear power)

I started taking notice of FORUMS when I read in ATOL Spengler's article saying Iranian Woman are all prostitutes , later he came with another article saying all Sufi are homosexuals :lol:

Later on, he wrote an article saying Azari of Iran rising up against Iranian rulers and Iran will disintegrate.

I, being Azari, countered him in all his articles , and , when he ran out of arguments , I was banned

What is bugging Dvid with Iran is Iranians saying there should be referendum in Palestine to see what the Palestinians want.

I debated David in Judaism, politics, economy.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Reference to this thread:
[Update: Writing in Bloomberg News today, Eli Lake comes to a similar conclusion and adds a good deal of background in a fine piece of reporting. Flynn, he concludes, was just the appetizer: the knives are now out for President Trump. The fake news media is in a feeding frenzy, including this attack on Kellyanne Conway and this bill of indictment of the Trump Administration from the Washington Post. I don't have the facts and can't evaluate the White House decision to let Flynn go, but the practical result of the decision will be to escalate attacks on the White House, not reduce them. The Establishment is a wounded beast fighting for its life. This is a take-no-prisoners, no-quarter-asked-or-given war.]
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2017/02/13 ... ral-flynn/
Let's try this modelling exercise. Let's envision a world in a parallel universe somewhere let's say, where I'm right.........

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:30 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 pm
[Update: Writing in Bloomberg News today, Eli Lake comes to a similar conclusion and adds a good deal of background in a fine piece of reporting. Flynn, he concludes, was just the appetizer: the knives are now out for President Trump. The fake news media is in a feeding frenzy, including this attack on Kellyanne Conway and this bill of indictment of the Trump Administration from the Washington Post. I don't have the facts and can't evaluate the White House decision to let Flynn go, but the practical result of the decision will be to escalate attacks on the White House, not reduce them. The Establishment is a wounded beast fighting for its life. This is a take-no-prisoners, no-quarter-asked-or-given war.]
I am quite sure that the Establishment does not like democracy very much
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:30 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Why would they? It's such a nuisance when you have to engineer the seeming approval of the unwashed masses to move forward with your grand schemes.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:37 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:04 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:30 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Why would they? It's such a nuisance when you have to engineer the seeming approval of the unwashed masses to move forward with your grand schemes.
Grand schemes by any means. I find it interesting that people want this past election framed as a right vs left election while the left and the right both hate Trump. So I have to ask myself "What is that about?"
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:21 am

I don't think it's fair to say that the right hates Trump. Many establishment conservatives do, because he represents a challenge to their hegemony over the political right, but if rank and file conservatives didn't like him he'd never have made it through primary season.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Read the comments for gasps of disbelief, but Merkel is Still the Best Option. Look out though, for some cultural denouement:
Deplorably, I would vote for Angela Merkel, and urge my American friends to support the present Christian Democratic-Social Democratic coalition rather than the alternative: a “Red-Red-Green” coalition (Social Democrats plus the successor to the old East German Communist Party plus the Green Party). If Merkel loses. Germany will be ruled by Russian stooges. That’s the opposite of what some of Donald Trump’s closest supporters think. Most of them agree with British gadfly Nigel Farage, who told Germany’s national radio yesterday:
Let's try this modelling exercise. Let's envision a world in a parallel universe somewhere let's say, where I'm right.........

Apollonius

Post by Apollonius » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 am

The ghost of Heidegger and the sex lives of the New York intellectuals - David P. Goldman, PJ Media, 7 March 2017
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2017/03/07 ... llectuals/

Review of:

Deconstruction, by Jonathan Leaf. The Storm Theater Company, at The Theater at Grand Hall (St. Mary’s Parish), March 3 through March 25. Directed by Peter Dobbins.

... It seems clear that for Heidegger and Arendt, substituting philosophy for religion had become a quasi-religious obsession. The former seminarian Heidegger knew how much he depended on religious sources; indeed, the discovery of notes to his earlier lectures on a seminar on religion betrayed him to recent academic investigators. His barely acknowledged debt to Kierkegaard is now well-established. Even his drawing on Goethe, for example in the concept of Care (Sorge) as man’s Being-in-the-World or the Mephistophelian discussion of non-Being in "What is Metaphysics," are refractions of Ecclesiastes through Goethe’s eyes.

With tools borrowed illicitly from theology, Heidegger proposed to solve the old paradox of Being. Since Aristotle, the notion of Being has had two components, "thatness" (whether something actually exists) and "whatness" (intelligibility). As Kant said, 100 imaginary dollars have precisely the same characteristics as 100 actual dollars in my pocket, with the sole difference that they aren’t there. Philosophers understood Being as a compound of essence (intelligibility) and existence. But what makes existence intelligible? The moment we ask this apparently harmless question, we have reduced existence to an essence, and we are chasing our tails. Aquinas sought to cure this problem by resort to analogy, which only persuades people who have religious agenda to take Aquinas seriously.

Heidegger’s proposed fix involved importing from religion the issue of mortality, the boundedness of our time by the inevitability of death. In Heidegger’s own later estimation, though, Being and Time failed to accomplish its stated purpose. The disillusioned Heidegger then discovered the mad German poet Friedrich Hölderlin and purported to find in his ravings clues to Being that had eluded philosophy. The reasons for this are somewhat technical and much discussed in the secondary literature. In any case, after Heidegger serious investigation of the concept of Being recedes into obscure corners of academia. Existentialism becomes the plaything of silly Frenchmen like Sartre and Camus.

The above is hardly a proper account of the origin and end of Heidegger’s philosophy. He first proposed it as a response to problems in philosophy of science, in keeping with the program of his teacher Husserl, who in turn was a doctoral student of the great mathematician Karl Weierstrass. That is a longer discussion; suffice it to say that Heidegger’s work of the 1920s was the last great effort to propose a philosophical system consistent with the metaphysics of the Greeks and Scholastics. Heidegger is the last important philosopher we have and might be the last ever. His achievement might be to illustrate by horrible example that the paradoxes we inherited from the Greeks simply are not susceptible to solution. ...