The triumph of inequality by David Goldman

Booklady

Re: The triumph of inequality by David Goldman

Post by Booklady » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks, Cassowary for bringing us this Spengler article. I only wish that Spengler had woven in his demographic theories.
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:47 am

I agree with you Neverfail. And well done for securing a decent life. Money does not bring salvation or even happiness.

While we sympathize with people born of unfortunate circumstances I firmly believe that the welfare state will not solve the problems of such people as your abos. In fact, I believe that it will perpetuate the problems.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:33 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:19 am

I have, because of this, been able to amass a modest but comfortable fortune approximately according to the formula you define above.
Well done Neverfail. After all that hard work, It is an injustice if the politicians take some of that money so as to uee it to buy votes.

I am, likewise, glad that I was born of middle class parents who took my education seriously. Had I been born and raised (let's say) in some Aboriginal camp in our remote outback, I would have been a rare bird indeed to have achieved anything like as much as I have. Indeed, I do not need to even visit an outback Aboriginal camp to find people in my own country who do not take the school education of their youngsters seriously enough.
Giving a man a fish will only feed him for a day. Teaching him to fish will feed him for life. Putting the aborigines on welfare will not help them. It takes away your hard earned money via high taxation but does not make the abos become self sufficient.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm

In my neck-of-the-woods it's a mistake to teach men to fish. They will just sit around in boats all day drinking beer.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm
In my neck-of-the-woods it's a mistake to teach men to fish. They will just sit around in boats all day drinking beer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
8-)