David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm

David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:20 pm

27th October, 2017, David speaks for an audience at Westminster Institute. Fifty minute talk, twenty minute Q&A:

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by neverfail » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:05 am

lzzrdgrrl

I watched David Goldman for over half an hour. Quite a bit of his address went "over my head" as his listening audience was apparently comprised of an esoteric crowd whose average level of tertiary education and involvement in worldly affairs exceeds my own. However, in the opening part of his address which was a potted description of how Chinese history has shaped Chinese civilisation and the Chinese character, the part in which I was most interested in and where can claim some modest expertise of my own; I can assure you that Mr Goldman is both well informed and quite profound in his insights.

He even clarified a couple of points that had previously puzzled me for years.

My sole complaint is that for the rest of his address he seemed to meander at times from one unrelated point to another. That caused me to lose the thread and with that to wearily, eventually lose interest.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:49 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:20 pm
27th October, 2017, David speaks for an audience at Westminster Institute. Fifty minute talk, twenty minute Q&A:

Great find LG !!!
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

neverfail
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by neverfail » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 am

The question I find myself asking, which Mr. Goldman does not satisfactorily answer, is need we fear China?

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:37 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 am
The question I find myself asking, which Mr. Goldman does not satisfactorily answer, is need we fear China?
I'm not afraid at all, and that's not swagger like I think they're weak because I know they're not.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by neverfail » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:28 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:37 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 am
The question I find myself asking, which Mr. Goldman does not satisfactorily answer, is need we fear China?
I'm not afraid at all, and that's not swagger like I think they're weak because I know they're not.
I think that I agree with you on that Steve. China, I believe, would be content as being boss of its own immediate neighbourhood.

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Doc wrote:Great find LG !!!
I find he has a pleasant voice and is quite easy to listen to. David should consider keeping a video blog not because he needs the patreon, but because it's a good way to reach a younger audience. YouTube for millennials is [was] like CBS and ABC for people my age and older.....'>.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:19 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:48 pm
Doc wrote:Great find LG !!!
I find he has a pleasant voice and is quite easy to listen to. David should consider keeping a video blog not because he needs the patreon, but because it's a good way to reach a younger audience. YouTube for millennials is [was] like CBS and ABC for people my age and older.....'>.......
Yeah I think you are probably right.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Jim the Moron
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:01 pm

"China graduating twice as many doctorates in STEM fields than we are"
http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/03/ ... ds-we-are/

"Goldman provided examples of China's ascendance in science and technology relative to the U.S."

Meanwhile, back in the U.S., mommies and daddies are raising their little ones to be conniving hedge fund managers and conniving Deep State bureaucrats.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world's leading superpower?

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:01 pm
"China graduating twice as many doctorates in STEM fields than we are"
http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/03/ ... ds-we-are/

"Goldman provided examples of China's ascendance in science and technology relative to the U.S."

Meanwhile, back in the U.S., mommies and daddies are raising their little ones to be conniving hedge fund managers and conniving Deep State bureaucrats.
Nawh they aren't so demanding If the kids can walk on tier own that is good enough for them.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

Post Reply