Page 1 of 1

Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:44 am
by Jim the Moron
A piece from a few years past, still ringing true.

"Collapse of the Cairo Doctrine"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 93c1b7e343

"A foreign policy in epic collapse."

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:20 pm
by Jim the Moron
"Trump's 'Madman Theory' Diplomacy"
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ry-revived

All about the current US foreign policy team - Trump plus his grown-up advisers . . .

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:57 pm
by Jim the Moron
"With North Korea, We Do Have Cards To Play"
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ermeasures

It's time to take North Korean threats seriously.

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 am
by Jim the Moron
". . . predicts America will have single-payer health care within 7 years."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/696859/fo ... in-7-years

But remember, K. once predicted Trump had no chance of being elected President . . .

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm
by Booklady
Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 am
". . . predicts America will have single-payer health care within 7 years."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/696859/fo ... in-7-years

But remember, K. once predicted Trump had no chance of being elected President . . .
When I think of the government in charge of our health care, I think of their success with the one true example of socialized medicine in the U.S.: The U.S. Veteran's Administration, owned, operated and financed by the federal government. :cry: :roll:

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:53 am
by SteveFoerster
Booklady wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 am
". . . predicts America will have single-payer health care within 7 years."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/696859/fo ... in-7-years

But remember, K. once predicted Trump had no chance of being elected President . . .
When I think of the government in charge of our health care, I think of their success with the one true example of socialized medicine in the U.S.: The U.S. Veteran's Administration, owned, operated and financed by the federal government. :cry: :roll:
I think the model that would be used here would be Medicare, not the VA.

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:05 pm
by Booklady
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 7:53 am
Booklady wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 am
". . . predicts America will have single-payer health care within 7 years."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/696859/fo ... in-7-years

But remember, K. once predicted Trump had no chance of being elected President . . .
When I think of the government in charge of our health care, I think of their success with the one true example of socialized medicine in the U.S.: The U.S. Veteran's Administration, owned, operated and financed by the federal government. :cry: :roll:
I think the model that would be used here would be Medicare, not the VA.
:D You mean you hope it is. Given the corrupt clowns we have in Congress, the reality may probably be closer to the VA experience than the Medicare experience.

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:41 am
by SteveFoerster
Booklady wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 6:05 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 7:53 am
Booklady wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:51 am
". . . predicts America will have single-payer health care within 7 years."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/696859/fo ... in-7-years

But remember, K. once predicted Trump had no chance of being elected President . . .
When I think of the government in charge of our health care, I think of their success with the one true example of socialized medicine in the U.S.: The U.S. Veteran's Administration, owned, operated and financed by the federal government. :cry: :roll:
I think the model that would be used here would be Medicare, not the VA.
:D You mean you hope it is. Given the corrupt clowns we have in Congress, the reality may probably be closer to the VA experience than the Medicare experience.
Nah, it seems like their goal is to copy the Canadian system, not the UK system.

That's just an observation, mind you, not a personal endorsement!

Re: Charles Krauthammer

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:28 pm
by Jim the Moron
"Smart is the new sexy"