The three things Obama wanted to give America from Australia

Forum for pundits of interest to Davosman members. Please make one thread per pundit.
Milo

Re: The three things Obama wanted to give America from Australia

Post by Milo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:57 pm
I suppose, if one uncritically accepts whatever the Commonwealth Fund says, which I don't.
Nor I.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
I suppose, if one uncritically accepts whatever the Commonwealth Fund says, which I don't.
Nor I.
Thanks fellows!

I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion my mistaking an opinion published by the Commonwealth Fund as a fact.

Do vested interests in the USA opposed to the country ever having national health cover stoop so low; are so ruthlessly underhand in pursuit of what they define as their own best interests, that they would even slander and try to subvert a neighbouring country's national health cover by publishing deliberate lies about it?

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:52 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm
Milo wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Nor I.
Thanks fellows!

I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion my mistaking an opinion published by the Commonwealth Fund as a fact.

Do vested interests in the USA opposed to the country ever having national health cover stoop so low; are so ruthlessly underhand in pursuit of what they define as their own best interests, that they would even slander and try to subvert a neighbouring country's national health cover by publishing deliberate lies about it?
Have a look at the article I posted! I think the answer must be yes!

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:52 pm
neverfail wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm
Milo wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Nor I.
Thanks fellows!

Have a look at the article I posted! I think the answer must be yes!
This one

https://www.vancouverobserver.com/polit ... nding-2000

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:02 am

Would these do only what their American paymasters tell them to do or can they use the money as they think fit?

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:41 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:02 am
Would these do only what their American paymasters tell them to do or can they use the money as they think fit?
Those paymasters have a known history of tight control over their donees. Furthermore, the support for the FI only comes from those who overtly support a narrow political agenda, IOW, the FI obviously attracts those sort of donors deliberately.